Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Interview Experience

I-130 Interview Experience

Old Mar 18th 2016, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Maelstrom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 Interview Experience

Had my interview yesterday (3/17) in the afternoon.

Not sure if its usual but i got there around 1235 and there were no queues, straight through to initial check and into Security, point of note - I had to take my laptop to a Pharmacy down the road to store as you are not allowed to take them in (i was hoping to do some work while waiting) but other electronics are fine.
There wasn't many people in the hall when i arrived, but from what i noticed most were I numbers. I waited about 90minutes to get called up to do my biometrics and paperwork.
They went through the paperwork pretty efficiently asking the odd question, asserts etc they were very satisfied in, once they saw the equity in my house (currently going through the sale process) they discounted the rest that i had listed. I went and paid the fee to go and sit back down again.

After about another 30minutes i got called up for my interview - main things he looked at were a couple of arrests that i had (no charges) and once he saw on the certificate they were NFA (no further action) he quickly moved on to talk about how my wife and i met, why we were moving now (i explained it was due to my job offering me the option to transfer) and he seemed very satisfied with the answers (i kept them short and to the point). He laughed that my first marriage was in Vegas and asked me if I knew her before getting married or if she was a cocktail waitress.
That was it, less than 5 minutes chatting and he told me 'you're approved'

All in all a great process with very efficient and friendly staff and great result :thumbs:

Only thing now is waiting for the site to refresh past 'waiting for interview' stage so i can see some progress

Thanks to everyone on here for all there help - I'm sure more questions will arise as part of my move but you've all been invaluable during this process

Last edited by Maelstrom; Mar 18th 2016 at 11:30 am.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Interview Experience

Congratulations MaelStrom! We must have been in there at the same time as mine was yesterday and I too arrived at about 12.35!

Just a note, I take it this was your final interview after submitting the I-130, DS-260 etc? Just so that newcomers here aren't mislead, as far as I am aware there is no I-130 "interview" as such. The I-130 is the first stage of the DCF Spousal Visa process, with the Interview being the culmination.

Congratulations once again.

Last edited by Harveyspecter; Mar 18th 2016 at 11:53 am.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Harveyspecter
Congratulations MaelStrom! We must have been in there at the same time as mine was yesterday and I too arrived at about 12.35!

Just a note, I take it this was your final interview after submitting the I-130, DS-260 etc? Just so that newcomers here aren't mislead, as far as I am aware there is no I-130 "interview as such. The I-130 is the first stage of the DCF Spousal Visa process, with the Interview being the culmination.

Congratulations once again.
Thanks and congrats to you as well, yes this was the final interview after submitting the DS-260 and I-130 etc - sorry if this caused confusion
Old Mar 18th 2016, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
That was it, less than 5 minutes chatting and he told me 'you're approved'
That's what we like to hear! Congratulations!

I'm sure more questions will arise as part of my move...
I'm sorry, but no - you've reached your quota!
Spoiler:
Just kidding, of course!

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2016, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

There's a quota?
Old Mar 18th 2016, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Here's testing if there is one - what is the website to check the status from this point - is it the CEACStatTracker or the ais-usvisa-info.com site?
Old Mar 18th 2016, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
... what is the website to check the status from this point - is it the CEACStatTracker or the ais-usvisa-info.com site?
Try: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx.

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2016, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Thanks for that - it's still showing as ready - I'll be more patient
Old Mar 21st 2016, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Status changed to Issued already - wow that was fast!!
Old Mar 21st 2016, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mine too!
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Will I get notification of when my passport is available for collection from the couriers address I selected?
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Will I get notification of when my passport is available for collection from the couriers address I selected?
I've paid for home delivery and also haven't had any notification of shipping just yet. I've used DX before and they generally send a text to let you know when its been received by them and then roughly what time it'll be delivered (on the day)
I had assumed, based off the timelines, that it would be Thursday or Friday this week.

Things all going full steam ahead for me, house in Indiana sorted, job offer received, broadband ordered, directTV ordered, bank accounts sorted, new TV ordered, flights booked, dogs transport booked, Bournes booked..the list seems endless!
Flying out on the 7th April to begin our new life in Indianapolis
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, I've just selected local collection as the depot is opposite work, so it works out well.

Oh wow! Congratulations! We aren't moving until June (I have to give 2 months notice) and are staying with family first so not quite the rush. How did you go about job hunting and getting an offer while still in the UK?
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, I've just selected local collection as the depot is opposite work, so it works out well.

Oh wow! Congratulations! We aren't moving until June (I have to give 2 months notice) and are staying with family first so not quite the rush. How did you go about job hunting and getting an offer while still in the UK?
I currently contract (and have for 6 years) to a company who have their US headquarters in Indianapolis, they've been asking for me to go permanent for quite some time and essentially moved my position from the UK to the US. Once I'm in country they will do all the background checks (as the company does work for the DoD) and i'll be working under my UK contract until all that is done (which is a bonus from a financial point of view) then i'll simply resign and join as a permie :thumbs:
The company is the same but there are 2 entity's due to government work.
Very lucky (and flattered) that they were as accommodating as they were)
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Great news, I wish you all the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.