Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I -130 Immigrant visa - filed in USA

I -130 Immigrant visa - filed in USA

Old Jul 18th 2016, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

flagunitas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I -130 Immigrant visa - filed in USA

My interview has been scheduled for August and I'm having my medical done next week but there has been no mention of a courier service for receiving my passport and documents back after the interview.....is this normal?
Old Jul 27th 2016, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: I -130 Immigrant visa - filed in USA

Hi,

Still no clarity on this and no instructions to organise courier.

Anyone else went through this? I can't imagine they'll send me away with visa/visa documents on day of interview?...

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Seems like the courier is organised on day of interview.

Good info on this thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...-links-790299/
Old Jul 27th 2016, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

This from the London US Embassy website:

Your passport will be returned to you by the Embassy approved courier service. If your application was processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy you are required to register for courier service at the time you schedule the appointment for the visa interview. If your application was processed by the National Visa Center and they have scheduled your appointment, you must register with courier as soon as you receive the appointment letter and before you attend the Embassy.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/famil...n-of-passport/
Old Jul 27th 2016, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
This from the London US Embassy website:

Your passport will be returned to you by the Embassy approved courier service. If your application was processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy you are required to register for courier service at the time you schedule the appointment for the visa interview. If your application was processed by the National Visa Center and they have scheduled your appointment, you must register with courier as soon as you receive the appointment letter and before you attend the Embassy.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/famil...n-of-passport/

This has mre more confused now. There is no link or info to which courier service I should be organising with....surely it can;t just be any old one.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 7:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read some of the experiences on this forum, to see what others have done?

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2016, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

All of the folk in 'filed in USA' Timeline used a courier that was setup prior to the interview. Although the thread i pasted above had his organised on the day of the interview. There has been nothing on my instructions to organise a courier so far.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 8:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flagunitas
Seems like the courier is organised on day of interview.

Good info on this thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...-links-790299/

I always thought that was the case. That is why you pay the fee for the courier service on the day you go for your interview. The arrangements are made at that time. At least that was my impression.