i-130/i-485 marriage based namecheck

Wikiposts

i-130/i-485 marriage based namecheck

Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:13 am
Just Joined

falcyon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i-130/i-485 marriage based namecheck

Hi everyone,
Murphy's law probably hit me like never before. More i've tried to expedite my AOS application filed initially at Charleston SC on Aug 29 , 2003, the more it kept getting delayed...lol...Subsequently had my interview at Pittsburgh USICS on Nov 10th, 2005 wherein i forgot to take in my birth certificate and hence I-485 was not approved therein...I mailed it in next week and normal processing started again...I was fingerprinted on 8th Oct 2005 with fingerprint code of 2....Then started the process of namecheck...Each time I call or check on the status, They say namecheck is in progress.
Anyone can help me guess an approximate timeline ? Seems like a never ending vicious circle

Thanks
Atul
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-130/i-485 marriage based namecheck

Originally Posted by falcyon
Hi everyone,
Murphy's law probably hit me like never before. More i've tried to expedite my AOS application filed initially at Charleston SC on Aug 29 , 2003, the more it kept getting delayed...lol...Subsequently had my interview at Pittsburgh USICS on Nov 10th, 2005 wherein i forgot to take in my birth certificate and hence I-485 was not approved therein...I mailed it in next week and normal processing started again...I was fingerprinted on 8th Oct 2005 with fingerprint code of 2....Then started the process of namecheck...Each time I call or check on the status, They say namecheck is in progress.
Anyone can help me guess an approximate timeline ? Seems like a never ending vicious circle

Thanks
Atul
Hi Atul,

Unfortunately, there is no way to predict the timeline of a namecheck. There are several people on this forum still waiting for security check results after their AOS interview. I'm sure they'll chime in.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:53 am
Just Joined

falcyon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rene,
thanks a bunch for a prompt reply.....Well the wait for the plastic card is alright....I'm more concerned abt getting my passport stamped as the officer suggested that i could as soon as I mail my birth certificate in.

I hafta leave the States urgently and i am sorta reluctant to pay 190 bucks just for the travel document. Pittsburgh USCIS says I wont even be able to procure a temporary passport stamp as anytime after the AOS date, I-485 approvals can happen only after an FBI namecheck.

Do you think based on a successful AOS interview, I can get an year's temporary stamp. I am willing to leave PA to any other state, if some state's still stamp the passport same AOS interview day. Just read a post in forum wherein passport was stamped right after the AOS 17th of december 2005 at Charleston SC.

Thanks
Atul
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by falcyon
Hi Rene,
thanks a bunch for a prompt reply.....Well the wait for the plastic card is alright....I'm more concerned abt getting my passport stamped as the officer suggested that i could as soon as I mail my birth certificate in.

I hafta leave the States urgently and i am sorta reluctant to pay 190 bucks just for the travel document. Pittsburgh USCIS says I wont even be able to procure a temporary passport stamp as anytime after the AOS date, I-485 approvals can happen only after an FBI namecheck.

Do you think based on a successful AOS interview, I can get an year's temporary stamp. I am willing to leave PA to any other state, if some state's still stamp the passport same AOS interview day. Just read a post in forum wherein passport was stamped right after the AOS 17th of december 2005 at Charleston SC.

Thanks
Atul
Hi Atul,

You can only get the passport stamp after an APPROVED AOS interview. So yes, based on a successful AOS interview, you can probably get a 1-year stamp in your passport. Your problem is, your interview isn't considered successful until the name check is complete, and USCIS updates the information in your records.

I am not sure if you can travel using AP during this time or not. Personally I wouldn't risk it.

Rene
Old Jan 11th 2006, 10:00 am

By the way, the passport stamp is just another form of the plastic card. They are both different forms of the I-551. You won't get either one until name checks are complete.

Rene