I-130 and I-485

Old May 29th 2012, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

garymurphy18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 and I-485

Thanks Rene!

yes, I have attached the entire tax forms.

I will add some more stuff to back up up my I-765
Old May 29th 2012, 7:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garymurphy18
I will add some more stuff to back up up my I-765
Well, only whatever the I-765 instructions ask for.

Rene
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

I finally got my forms together and sent them out. Thanks for everyone's help!

I know the time line for the I-485 process varies but does anyone know how long it takes for the I-765 to be approved?

Thanks,

Gary
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... does anyone know how long it takes for the I-765 to be approved?
Yes.

Ian
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... does anyone know how long it takes for the I-765 to be approved?
Rather than just answer the question you asked "does anyone know..." I suppose I'll answer the question you wanted to ask but didn't: about 90 days, perhaps sooner.

Ian
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I know the time line for the I-485 process varies but does anyone know how long it takes for the I-765 to be approved?
You should have your EAD in hand in about 60 to 90 days.

Rene
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Perfect, thank you!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

I finally got my forms together and sent them out. Thanks for everyone's help!

Thanks,

Gary
I am coming to the end of my I-130/AOS journey (interview is on Tuesday) and so after keeping track of current applications, most people are receiving their EAD in an average of 60 days from the date that they mail off their package.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again!

I have a quick question about the EAD.

I have received my interview for mid August 2012 and was wandering if I get the EAD before or after the interview.

I have just been offered a job and was wandering if it will arrive soon? I sent my forms in on May 25th 2012.

Thanks!

Gary
Old Jul 24th 2012, 11:54 pm

Hi again!

I have a quick question about the EAD.

I have received my interview for mid August 2012 and was wandering if I get the EAD before or after the interview.

I have just been offered a job and was wandering if it will arrive soon? I sent my forms in on May 25th 2012.

Thanks!

Gary
Normally the EAD comes within 90 days of filing the AOS package (which includes the I-765 EAD application). If you filed AOS in May, you should be seeing the EAD come in around mid-August.

Normally the EAD comes before the AOS interview, but since USCIS has sped up processing a bit, sometimes the AOS interview happens first. If that's the case, then you no longer need the EAD...you will be a US PR and no longer need permission to work.

Rene
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:04 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The application for EA is independent of the application to adjust status, when you get the EAD has nothing to do with the interview for adjustment.

Regards, JEff

Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks!

I'm sure I will have questions before I attend my Interview.

Regards, Gary
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

So my interview is next week.

I am putting together all of the paperwork the interview letter tells me to bring and I am reading threads about organising the paperwork.

Does anybody have any other tips for the interview? Documents to take that are not on the letter, if there is a dress code, what kind of questions they may ask etc.

Thanks,

Gary
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:31 pm

So my interview is next week.

I am putting together all of the paperwork the interview letter tells me to bring and I am reading threads about organising the paperwork.

Does anybody have any other tips for the interview? Documents to take that are not on the letter, if there is a dress code, what kind of questions they may ask etc.

Thanks,

Gary
Take any documents listed in the letter, plus originals of any photocopies you previously submitted.

Bring an up-to-date I-864 if any financial information has changed.

Bring 2011 tax return if it was not included in your AOS package.

Bring a bit of up-to-date evidence of your joint life together.

Dress comfortably. Something like business casual is good. No slogan t-shirts or ripped up jeans.

They will verify information from the forms, they might ask to see evidence of your joint life together, they might ask you about how you met, about your marriage, etc. Nothing you wouldn't know the answer to.

If you have an EAD and AP, they will most likely take those away from you, if your AOS is approved. If you want, you can bring your passport and ask for an I-551 stamp as proof of your PR status (if approved), but they might say no, just wait for the green card in the mail. Some offices will give the stamp, some won't.

Rene
Old Aug 6th 2012, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene!

Let me ask a couple of questions in response to the last post.

If they stamp my passport on the day of the interview can I go and find a job the next day legally? I am still waiting for my EAD and have a job offer lined up and getting the stamp next week would be great.

Do I bring my tax forms or the joint sponsor from my I-864?

Thanks for your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.