Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 and I-129F approved on same day

Wikiposts

I-130 and I-129F approved on same day

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 and I-129F approved on same day

Originally Posted by jbfaust
Update:

We received a package today from the NVC regarding our Immigrant Petition which means that our I-130 did arrive at the NVC. We are planning to pursue this visa rather than the K3. Should we contact the NVC or the London Embassy to let them know this? (Or perhaps both?) Thanks for all the replies so far.

JBF
Yes, contact them and let them know which one you are pursuing, so they don't keep both going on at the same time.

Rene
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:22 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

We received a package today from the NVC regarding our Immigrant Petition which means that our I-130 did arrive at the NVC. We are planning to pursue this visa rather than the K3. Should we contact the NVC or the London Embassy to let them know this? (Or perhaps both?) Thanks for all the replies so far.

JBF
Just because the I-130 is at the NVC does not mean that we know what they are going to do with it.
You still need to find out what it takes for the NVC to start the Immigrant Visa processing (and remain aware that this could take a few months yet before interview).

I'd suggest that you call them and find out.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

jbfaust is an unknown quantity at this point

Just because the I-130 is at the NVC does not mean that we know what they are going to do with it.
You still need to find out what it takes for the NVC to start the Immigrant Visa processing (and remain aware that this could take a few months yet before interview).

I'd suggest that you call them and find out.

They sent me the DS-3032 and asked for the affidavit of support processing fee bill (which I just paid online). I believe this is the exact steps that are taken in order to start the process. I am currently writing a letter to the NVC informing them that we wish to pursue the immigrant visa rather than the K3 which was already forwarded to the embassy. The letter said that email was the preferred method of communication but perhaps calling would get a quicker answer.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

They sent me the DS-3032 and asked for the affidavit of support processing fee bill (which I just paid online). I believe this is the exact steps that are taken in order to start the process. I am currently writing a letter to the NVC informing them that we wish to pursue the immigrant visa rather than the K3 which was already forwarded to the embassy. The letter said that email was the preferred method of communication but perhaps calling would get a quicker answer.
Call them. Email them. Write them a letter. In that order.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

jbfaust is an unknown quantity at this point

The NVC has several contact addresses. We will contact them by phone tomorrow and also send an email if neccesary. However, I was just looking at the post from the NVC and London Embassy regarding the I-129F and I cannot find anywhere to contact them besides the Embassy address (will they open any mail there?) Will contacting the NVC about our intentions to kill the K3 be enough?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:09 am

The NVC has several contact addresses. We will contact them by phone tomorrow and also send an email if neccesary. However, I was just looking at the post from the NVC and London Embassy regarding the I-129F and I cannot find anywhere to contact them besides the Embassy address (will they open any mail there?) Will contacting the NVC about our intentions to kill the K3 be enough?
Since the approved I-129F has now been forwarded to the embassy, I would notify the embassy as well as NVC.

Rene
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:19 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

They sent me the DS-3032 and asked for the affidavit of support processing fee bill (which I just paid online).
Excellent; that answers that question!
(next question: what the HECK are they up to out there and will they make up their minds!)

NVC contact us page: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3177.html

London email: [email protected]

If the Consulate has your K-3 case started, notify them as well as the NVC so they can release your K-3 interview spot to someone else.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:59 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

jbf,

The NVC is out of it with respect to the I-129f petition and K3 visa at this point. The consulate has the petition and everything happens there.

Notify the consulate and don't worry about the NVC with respect to the K3.

Do respond to communications from the NVC with respect to the I-130 petition and immigrant visa application.

Regards, JEff

Will contacting the NVC about our intentions to kill the K3 be enough?