I-130 help

Old Mar 8th 2018, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Corrine82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 help

Hey all I am in process of filling out 3 1-130 visa for my husband and children we all live in UK always have I have dual citizenship US passport

I have read help notes and states in them below

[B]If you are the lawful permanent resident petitioner and the beneficiary qualifies under Items 2.A., 2.B., or 2.C. above,
you are not required to file separate petitions for the beneficiary’s unmarried children under 21 years of age. They are
considered derivative beneficiaries and you should list them in Part 4. of this petition

As my children are my husbands children do I have to file for all 3 or as above come under same ?

Questions on 1-130 I am unsure how to answer

I cant see anywhere I put my passport number should I put this as additional or take a photocopy ?

On section 12 a about Beneficiary it ask to provide address where beneficiary will live in the US ?

We haven't rented or bought anywhere yet so cant give this can it be a family members address in US or what should I put ?

also when it asks date to i.e. employment end , marriage end or lived together till do you select todays date or not select anything if still married , living together ect ?

Also askes was the beneficiary EVER in United States I have selected yes as has been on VWP esta but leave other bit blank as not still in US ?

Think that is everything under additional what is best to also send got Marriage certificate , children's birth certificates anything else anyone suggests

Should I send all 3 in same envelope to London Embassy or separate envelopes if I need to do 3

Thank you all so much for your help I am at the end of forms and getting ready to send this weekend

Thanks Corrine

Last edited by Corrine82; Mar 8th 2018 at 2:06 pm. Reason: adding additional bits
Old Mar 8th 2018, 3:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 help

Originally Posted by Corrine82
[B]If you are the lawful permanent resident petitioner and the beneficiary qualifies under Items 2.A., 2.B., or 2.C. above,
you are not required to file separate petitions for the beneficiary’s unmarried children under 21 years of age. They are
considered derivative beneficiaries and you should list them in Part 4. of this petition

As my children are my husbands children do I have to file for all 3 or as above come under same ?
You are not an LPR, so the above does not apply to you. You are a USC so will need 3 I-130s.

I cant see anywhere I put my passport number should I put this as additional or take a photocopy ?
If the I-130 does not ask for your passport number, then no need to add it. Only include a photocopy of the I-130 instructions ask for it (you can use it as proof of your US citizenship... either that or your birth certificate).

On section 12 a about Beneficiary it ask to provide address where beneficiary will live in the US ?

We haven't rented or bought anywhere yet so cant give this can it be a family members address in US or what should I put ?
Put "unknown".

also when it asks date to i.e. employment end , marriage end or lived together till do you select todays date or not select anything if still married , living together ect ?
Put "present".

Also askes was the beneficiary EVER in United States I have selected yes as has been on VWP esta but leave other bit blank as not still in US ?
I'm not sure what the other bit is asking, but just answer accordingly.

Think that is everything under additional what is best to also send got Marriage certificate , children's birth certificates anything else anyone suggests
Only send what the I-130 instructions require, nothing more.

Should I send all 3 in same envelope to London Embassy or separate envelopes if I need to do 3
I would put each one in a separate envelope, but then put all 3 envelopes into one large one for mailing.

Just curious, how will you handle the I-864? Also, the kids need an I-864W each. The W is important.

Rene
Old Mar 8th 2018, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your assistance Rene

I need to research the I-864 more i do have enough in bank and assets to cover all 3 comfortably but as i have never lived in the US will i also need one of my family members that live in the US to do this ?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 4:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I need to research the I-864 more i do have enough in bank and assets to cover all 3 comfortably but as i have never lived in the US will i also need one of my family members that live in the US to do this ?
If you have more than $94,125 in assets, then you don't need a joint sponsor.

You might need to show intent to domicile in the USA. This can be any paper evidence of wrapping up ties to the UK and establishing ties to the USA. Your husband will take this evidence to his visa interview.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Mar 8th 2018 at 8:22 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 7:38 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

On the I-864 you file, you will need a copy of your last US income tax return and information off the last three. This will be necessary even if you obtain a joint sponsor.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 9:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you have more than $94,125 in assets, then you don't need a joint sponsor.

You might need to show intent to domicile in the USA. This can be any paper evidence of wrapping up ties to the UK and establishing ties to the USA. Your husband will take this evidence to his visa interview.

Rene
I know she needs the I-864 for her husband but since her children will be US Citizens upon entry what affidavit of support # does she need for them?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
I know she needs the I-864 for her husband but since her children will be US Citizens upon entry what affidavit of support # does she need for them?
Addressed in Post #2.

Rene
Old Mar 13th 2018, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for a - 864 advice
I am making an appointment at the embassy as because I have not lived in the US since I was a small child I was never assigned a social security number so I need to go and get this then look at filing 3 years tax returns if all income is made within the UK will I need to pay any tax as already paid to UK ?
Old Mar 13th 2018, 1:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you were extremely well paid (over $100,000 I believe), you won't be owing any monies to the IRS.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rete I don't earn that but I do have savings over that which I will be using to show I can support my family ?
Old Mar 13th 2018, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for a - 864 advice
I am making an appointment at the embassy as because I have not lived in the US since I was a small child I was never assigned a social security number so I need to go and get this then look at filing 3 years tax returns if all income is made within the UK will I need to pay any tax as already paid to UK ?
You should also check if you need to file an FBAR. It applies if you have over $10k in foreign (to the US) bank/saving accounts. This is done on-line and is separate from your tax filing.

https://bsaefiling.fincen.treas.gov/NoRegFBARFiler.html
Old Mar 29th 2018, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

I think I am almost there woo hoo

I have filled in 3, I-130 forms for Spouse and 2 children husband has filled in I-130 A i have copys of birth certificates , marriage certificates , passports we are getting passport photos Saturday then all ready to post Saturday do we have to send more proof or is it ok that we have been married 7 years and have 2 children together proof ?
Can i also ask my daughters UK passport expires June will i be ok putting that for now but when go for interview in London she will have a new passport number take new and old ?

so much to do as i have 3 of them thank you so much for all your help and advice

Corrine
Old Mar 29th 2018, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

also cant see anywhere on childrens I 130 where they need the us passport size photos of me or them
is it just for spouse i need to send 1 of me on I 130 and 1 of him on I-130A ?

Last edited by Corrine82; Mar 29th 2018 at 11:22 am.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:29 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

also cant see anywhere on childrens I 130 where they need the us passport size photos of me or them
is it just for spouse i need to send 1 of me on I 130 and 1 of him on I-130A ?
Many people (including lawyers) put in unneeded photos of the kids. "No harm, no foul." Or, the old maxim "superfluity does not vitiate."