Wikiposts

I-130 First Stage

Old May 7th 2009, 9:36 am
Just Joined

iamwaiting is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I-130 First Stage

Hi All

Have been lurking on forum for quite some time - very helpful it has been - but this is my first post.

My fiancee and I are getting married tomorrow!!!
I came over on VWP from the UK to stay with her for a couple of months and decided 2 weeks ago to actually go ahead and 'tie the knot' and file for the CR-1 following my return home.

I have been looking into the initial stages of the I-130 petition and had a couple of questions. (There is a similar lady going through the same who has posted today but she has been married for 5 years).

1. What evidence should be provide to show a bona fide marriage?
When we submit we'll only have been married for 3-4 weeks so can't show any of the joint property owned or bank accounts, etc that the I-130 instructions list. So, based upon their suggestions and reading other posts, I was thinking of including 4 affidavits from friends and family members (including witness at our wedding) giving details that they have previously met us both and that we had decided to marry in the manner we did.

2. Should I provide anything more than this as supporting evidence of bona fide?
Pictures, flight/hotel receipts, etc... taking in mind they they request you don't send extraneous materials at this point? Is it a case of better safe than sorry or no?

3. Does anyone have an idea of the situation with me traveling to visit her in the US whilst the I-130 or further stages of CR-1 are in progress? Does it afford us any slack whatsoever?
I assume it shows on my record when I arrive at the airport immigration desk, as well as my previous visits?

I guess it'll be soon we start the waiting process - hence the username... but first we have the ceremony and honeymoon (of sorts) to look forward to!
Thanks
Old May 7th 2009, 9:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 First Stage

Originally Posted by iamwaiting
3. Does anyone have an idea of the situation with me traveling to visit her in the US whilst the I-130 or further stages of CR-1 are in progress? Does it afford us any slack whatsoever?
I assume it shows on my record when I arrive at the airport immigration desk, as well as my previous visits?
Hi iamwaiting, Welcome to BE.

Read this link: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=WAIT%21

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 7th 2009, 9:45 am
Just Joined

iamwaiting is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi iamwaiting, Welcome to BE.

Read this link: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=WAIT%21

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thanks!

Woah... really!?
I take it that you still have to follow the normal rules of the VWP in the meantime though? (not to come back and forth too much or stay long durations without leaving for equal duration?) by that I mean it doesn't give you a free run for the entire duration it's pending - correct?

Thanks again
Old May 7th 2009, 9:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamwaiting
Thanks!

Woah... really!?
I take it that you still have to follow the normal rules of the VWP in the meantime though? (not to come back and forth too much or stay long durations without leaving for equal duration?) by that I mean it doesn't give you a free run for the entire duration it's pending - correct?

Thanks again
Correct. And bring plenty of proof of your ties back home, in case they ask...letter of employment, school, property, whatever proof you have that you will be returning home.

Rene