Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Feb 27th 2012, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

So. My noa1 was Sept 16 2011. We filed with the congressman to see what was happening.. within a day of them calling the case was approved! Noa2 Feb 23, though the website is yet to be updated.

On to the NVC we go :-) yay!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

hi guys im flying over to visit my wife on monday hopefully.

were currently going through the process. should i take a copy of our noa 1 just to prove were in the process. has any one else done this.

im only staying for 11 days. but at least we get to see each other hopefully.

thanks
dean&lori.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 11:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redarmy990
... should i take a copy of our noa 1 just to prove were in the process.
Since you're not required to prove you're in the process, it's not necessary. That said, it's only a single sheet of paper so I'm sure it won't unduly burden you to take it with you!

Ian
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

thanks ian. mmmmmmmmm that sheet of paper could take me overweight
Old Mar 4th 2012, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

nica is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

I'm waiting on my AOS fees to go through so I can send off my i-864... but I'm still stumped about which documents to send as evidence. Here's what I have available:

1. Official tax transcripts for 2010-2008
2. W2s for 2011-2008
3. Most recent paystubs (but not all of them for the last 6 months, unfortunately; one of my employers sent some to the wrong address, and I'm not sure it's worthwhile to get new ones sent)
4. Letters from my three employers, but only one of them says my salary, because I'm paid by the hour for the other two
5. My intended tax return for 2011 (not yet filed because we're still waiting on an ITIN - we'll probably end up filing for an extension)

I made enough money (125% of the poverty guidelines) to support a household of two in 2011, 2010, and almost enough in 2009. In 2008 I was a college student.

What would you guys send? Any advice?

Thank you!
Old Mar 4th 2012, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nica
... unfortunately; one of my employers sent some to the wrong address, and I'm not sure it's worthwhile to get new ones sent
No one's going to care.

I made enough money (125% of the poverty guidelines) to support a household of two in 2011, 2010, and almost enough in 2009. In 2008 I was a college student.
It looks like you're trying to combine two separate requirements: 1) that you submit 3 years' worth of tax returns, and 2) that your current income is at 125% of the poverty level. There is no requirement to demonstrate that you made 125% of the poverty guidelines in any prior year.

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2012, 12:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Official tax transcripts for 2010-2008
OK, this fits the most recent 3 years of tax return requirements.

2. W2s for 2011-2008
When using offical tax transcripts from IRS, no W2 is required.

3. Most recent paystubs (but not all of them for the last 6 months, unfortunately; one of my employers sent some to the wrong address, and I'm not sure it's worthwhile to get new ones sent)
You don't need all of them for the past 6 months, only the most recent few is enough. Make sure you have them from all 3 employers, if you are using all 3 incomes to qualify.

4. Letters from my three employers, but only one of them says my salary, because I'm paid by the hour for the other two
Doesn't make much sense to include the ones that don't say your salary, because the point of the letter is to say you earn X amount of income. But, you have pay stubs to support that, so hopefully it will be OK. But even paid hourly HR should be able to write a letter saying what your hourly pay is, and how many hours a week you work. I'm hourly, and I got a letter. So it can be done.

5. My intended tax return for 2011 (not yet filed because we're still waiting on an ITIN - we'll probably end up filing for an extension)
No need to send the intended 2011 tax return. If you've actually filed it by the time the I-864 is due, send a photocopy of it including the W-2. If you've filed for an extension by that time, then include a photocopy of that. If you've done neither, then don't include anything tax information from 2011.

It doesn't matter what you made in the past. What counts is that you are currently earning over 125% of the poverty guideline. Make sure you double check the I-864P before sending anything to USCIS...I believe they recently updated it with new figures for 2012.

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:29 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It would be helpful if the letters from the two employers who pay you by the hour include your hourly rate and the typical number of hours you work (weekly, monthly, yearly, or whatever period is appropriate for the circumstances.)

It will also be helpful if the paystubs for those two hourly jobs show a fairly steady number of hours for each pay period.

The number that you show as your current annual income should be consistent with your salary from the one salaried job plus the pay rate times hours typically worked from the two hourly jobs.

This is good. An unbroken record of adequte past income is an indication that your current income is sustainable.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Mar 5th 2012 at 2:33 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Malamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really nice

Filled in the g-325a (for the third time-I kept making many mistakes ) now I fear I may have made another but only by the date and not using the american term date of month day year and used day month year. I'm still waiting for it to get to my husband but if i've done the wrong date order will they not accept it or understand that because i'm english it's how I do the date normally?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:11 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Five of the eight items that request a date clearly state that the date should be entered in month/day/year format. This should be a reminder to read questions carefully and answer the question that is asked.

Hard to say what implications there might be. It may not be obvious that you've reversed the month and day unless it resulted in a month number greater than 12. It's said that not too much attention is paid to the G-325A, but if the case officer does look at it and compares the information with the same information elsewhere there may be an RFE to reconcile the difference.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Malamutt
Filled in the g-325a (for the third time-I kept making many mistakes ) now I fear I may have made another but only by the date and not using the american term date of month day year and used day month year. I'm still waiting for it to get to my husband but if i've done the wrong date order will they not accept it or understand that because i'm english it's how I do the date normally?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Can't your husband cross out the dates and write them in the correct format? Failing that I'd suggest he attaches a note to explain that the days and months are reversed. As it is you probably have different answers to the same question between the 2 G-325a's and the I-130. As Jeff says, that may well result in a RFE.

Regards,
James
Old Mar 14th 2012, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Malamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really nice

As I suspected I put the date wrong way round my husband forgot to put a note in and has sent it off so now it's only a matter of time. The words on the paperwork only say date and do not actually ask for a format, everything else has been correct and up to date just the date it back to front. Can only hope it won't cause any issues

Thanks x
Old Mar 14th 2012, 3:34 pm

Re-read post #760 in this thread (which should say 4 of 7, not 5 of 8), and take another look at the G-325A itself. (And 5 of the date fields will automagically fill using the correct format if one uses the convenient drop-down calendars provided.)

Regards, JEff

The words on the paperwork only say date and do not actually ask for a format, ...
Old Mar 14th 2012, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Never mind, Husband hadn't sent it and now put put a note in it that is signed and dated. We're are sending it off as we've waited so long enough already.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

did any one file end of october, beggining of november.at csc
if so have you heard anything from them

we got noa1 on 1st nov and still waiting but getting to the date.5 months=april 3rd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.