Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Feb 5th 2012, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

nica is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by Malamutt
Just to add nearing the 6th month mark here and no news yet other than they are behind but "nice" to see there is others who are also over due on waiting, ours is cali also.
Yeah... well at the very least, it's nice to hear from other people who are having to wait longer than like 60 days. Makes it seem less like there's something specifically wrong with our cases!

That Visa Timeline website, for example, drives me crazy. Right now they're estimating that current time from NOA1 to NOA2 for CSC is about 116 days, and the CSC is currently working on applications from October 12th. That's so far off, it's crazy.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

Pay no attention to those dates - just a small minority of filers!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Peaksy
Pay no attention to those dates - just a small minority of filers!
A small bizarrely lucky minority?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

Lol, you could say that - though from what I gather most people who use that site try to expedite, or at least that's the impression I get from their forums.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

So I just thought I'd call our attorney and ask for an update since 5 months are pretty much up - apparently they told her they would have an answer within two weeks!

This initial review period sucks :-)
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

So I just thought I'd call our attorney and ask for an update since 5 months are pretty much up - apparently they told her they would have an answer within two weeks!

This initial review period sucks :-)
Hm... I called them in early January and they said I should expect an answer within 30 days. 30 days is up tomorrow, and still nothing. In other words, I wouldn't hold my breath on believing their estimates, unfortunately

Still waiting here... 208 days.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nica
Hm... I called them in early January and they said I should expect an answer within 30 days. 30 days is up tomorrow, and still nothing. In other words, I wouldn't hold my breath on believing their estimates, unfortunately

Still waiting here... 208 days.
sorry you are having to wait so long
Old Feb 9th 2012, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britishspouse
sorry you are having to wait so long
It's driving me out of my mind. I'm in graduate school studying for a PhD program and I can barely concentrate.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

It's been 211 days since my NOA1. Is there genuinely nothing I can do about this? In three days I'll be at 7 months.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Try contacting the congressman in your area who in turn should contact uscis for you.

Other than that I asked the same question to our attorney and her response was that it's the government and it will take as long as it takes- no further options for recourse.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 3:37 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

+1

Regards, JEff

it will take as long as it takes
Old Feb 12th 2012, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Frazer123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Received our approval for our I-130 a few days ago! Thanks god for that eh

What a horrible wait that was
Old Feb 13th 2012, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Frazer123
Received our approval for our I-130 a few days ago! Thanks god for that eh

What a horrible wait that was
I'm terribly jealous! How long did you ultimately have to wait?
Old Feb 13th 2012, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

For those of you who are still waiting, I've found out a few things...

1. USCIS only receives updates from the service centers once per month. Today I managed to speak to a woman at USCIS who told me that they actually only receive updates on the 15th of every month. That means that if you called on January 16th and then again on February 14th, they told you they were currently working on applications from July 12th, even though by February 14th that was completely outdated information. USCIS just waits to be updated by the service centers on the 15th.

2. It turns out senators' and congressman's offices are very used to checking up on the status of stalled immigration proceedings. So far I have no idea if it'll be helpful, but they're very willing to try (or at least, mine are).

7 months starting tomorrow.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

This is good stuff - thanks for sharing nica.

Expecting the next updates to the uscis processing times in the next day or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.