Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

So im coming up to 4 months waiting now. No news, but im guessing it will be right on 5 months when i hear anything!
Ive checked our status and they haven't updated our file since they received it, im guessing thats normal!
Got all my NVC docs ready now though so at least im ready for the next stage!

Brucky have the NVC got your case now?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:39 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
So im coming up to 4 months waiting now. No news, but im guessing it will be right on 5 months when i hear anything!
Ive checked our status and they haven't updated our file since they received it, im guessing thats normal!
Got all my NVC docs ready now though so at least im ready for the next stage!

Brucky have the NVC got your case now?

We haven't rang them yet. The Mrs is flying to me on Saturday, maybe we'll get something in the post stateside when she is here, Sods law! Didn't really think of phoning the NVC until we've had something in the post yet. Perhaps we should!

Last edited by Brucky; Feb 9th 2011 at 1:41 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

ok bit of news, today my husband recieved a RFE, im not sure what we did wrong with the form they dont say, it says...

' Submit a properly completed and signed form G325A for the petitioner and beneficiary'

I did extra sheets for visits and home addresses and signed and dated them so it cant be that...im just at a loss of what we did wrong and worried ill do the same thing wrong again!

help!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

ok bit of news, today my husband recieved a RFE, im not sure what we did wrong with the form they dont say, it says...

' Submit a properly completed and signed form G325A for the petitioner and beneficiary'

I did extra sheets for visits and home addresses and signed and dated them so it cant be that...im just at a loss of what we did wrong and worried ill do the same thing wrong again!

help!
How did you guys fill in that big black outlined box at the bottom of each G-325A? He filled his own with his own name, you filled your own with your own name? Original signatures?

Not sure what visits you are referring to, though. As far as I can tell, the G-325A is asking about residence the last 5 years (not visits), and employment the last 5 years.

Rene
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
How did you guys fill in that big black outlined box at the bottom of each G-325A? He filled his own with his own name, you filled your own with your own name? Original signatures?

Not sure what visits you are referring to, though. As far as I can tell, the G-325A is asking about residence the last 5 years (not visits), and employment the last 5 years.

Rene
I cant remember but maybe my husband signed both actually. Maybe thats where we went wrong.
Also i just realised that i didnt tick one of the boxes at the bottom about what the form is being submitted in connection with..would that have been it? do i tick 'other' as im applying for conditional status or 'status as a permanent resident'?

Sorry i got mixed up with the visits bit, i meant residence and employment!

Also do you think i need to resend the passport photos with the new G325A? would it be the photos that were wrong?

thanks again Rene, im so worried about sending it back incorrect! eek!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 2:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I cant remember but maybe my husband signed both actually. Maybe thats where we went wrong.
Also i just realised that i didnt tick one of the boxes at the bottom about what the form is being submitted in connection with..would that have been it? do i tick 'other' as im applying for conditional status or 'status as a permanent resident'?

Sorry i got mixed up with the visits bit, i meant residence and employment!

Also do you think i need to resend the passport photos with the new G325A? would it be the photos that were wrong?

thanks again Rene, im so worried about sending it back incorrect! eek!
Another option could be that USCIS simply lost the G-325A's out of your package.

You and he just both do new G-325A's, answer all questions, don't leave anything blank, and each sign your own G-325A, original signatures. I don't think you need to send new photos.

Rene
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Another option could be that USCIS simply lost the G-325A's out of your package.

You and he just both do new G-325A's, answer all questions, don't leave anything blank, and each sign your own G-325A, original signatures. I don't think you need to send new photos.

Rene
Thanks again! Ill do it all today!
Do they send out one RFE once they have looked through the whole case or are we not out of the woods yet?!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I cant remember but maybe my husband signed both actually.
Did you not keep photocopies of the stuff you sent?

Ian
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did you not keep photocopies of the stuff you sent?

Ian
Funny things is i have copies of everything i sent, except the G-325A's! Makes me wonder if even sent them, although i have written it on the cover sheet and went over and over the case checking i had everything before i sent it! weird! oh well, i have just completed them both and im now fedexing them over to my Husband for a speedy return to USCIS!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:10 pm

Funny things is i have copies of everything i sent, except the G-325A's! Makes me wonder if even sent them, although i have written it on the cover sheet and went over and over the case checking i had everything before i sent it! weird! oh well, i have just completed them both and im now fedexing them over to my Husband for a speedy return to USCIS!
You completed your G-325A and signed it, and you also completed his G-325A but didn't sign it, right? Make sure he signs it before sending everything to USCIS, and make sure he keeps a photocopy of both of them. Didn't he keep a copy of everything he sent with the I-130 package? (I know you say you didn't, but it's actually his petition, so he should have a full copy set of everything he sent to USCIS for his own records.

Rene
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

You completed your G-325A and signed it, and you also completed his G-325A but didn't sign it, right? Make sure he signs it before sending everything to USCIS, and make sure he keeps a photocopy of both of them. Didn't he keep a copy of everything he sent with the I-130 package? (I know you say you didn't, but it's actually his petition, so he should have a full copy set of everything he sent to USCIS for his own records.

Rene
Yes completed mine and signed it and completed his and didnt sign it.
Yes he has a full set of copies too, yet no sign of the G-325A. I bet we were idiots and forgot it....lesson learnt.
USCIS should recieve it on monday, hope it hasnt slowed down the process too much!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 9:25 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

My USC Wife has been with me in England for two weeks!! We had a wonderful fortnight together.

Upon landing back in the USA she checked her email and we had this from the USCIS:

"Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On February 24, 2011, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.
"

The last update stated that both the I-130 and the I-129f had been approved, and the receipts we received had:

"We received receipts for the I130 and I129f saying 'approved'
Case Type: I129F
The above petition has been approved. We had sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC) ...
"

No idea what this new update means at the moment, so we'll check later.
Maybe it just means that the website has been slow to update and our mailed 'approved' receipts have been faster, so the I-130 will be updated on the website in a couple of days. Or it shows that the NVC have received our approved application and their wording is poor.

Either way, something has happened to advance our application, so all is good!

Last edited by Brucky; Feb 27th 2011 at 9:41 am.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brucky
My USC Wife has been with me in England for two weeks!! We had a wonderful fortnight together.

Upon landing back in the USA she checked her email and we had this from the USCIS:

"Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On February 24, 2011, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.
"

The last update stated that both the I-130 and the I-129f had been approved, and the receipts we received had:

"We received receipts for the I130 and I129f saying 'approved'
Case Type: I129F
The above petition has been approved. We had sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC) ...
"

No idea what this new update means at the moment, so we'll check later.
Maybe it just means that the website has been slow to update and our mailed 'approved' receipts have been faster, so the I-130 will be updated on the website in a couple of days. Or it shows that the NVC have received our approved application and their wording is poor.

Either way, something has happened to advance our application, so all is good!
Glad you had a good fortnight with your wife! Makes it all worth it huh?!

Looks like both of our cases are moving bit by bit!

I never asked, where are you moving to Brucky?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 1:40 pm
CR1 VISA

Glad you had a good fortnight with your wife! Makes it all worth it huh?!

Looks like both of our cases are moving bit by bit!

I never asked, where are you moving to Brucky?
Yea!!

To quote 'tesco', every little helps.

I'll be emigrating to Berryville, Virginia, and we'll be moving as soon as I'm settled. My Wife has a two hour commute to and from work, it's a killer, so anything nearer work is priority. Oh, and somewhere for our dog, sorry, MY dog (I've stolen the dog from her) to take for walks.

Last edited by Brucky; Feb 27th 2011 at 1:43 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brucky
Yea!!

To quote 'tesco', every little helps.

I'll be emigrating to Berryville, Virginia, and we'll be moving as soon as I'm settled. My Wife has a two hour commute to and from work, it's a killer, so anything nearer work is priority. Oh, and somewhere for our dog, sorry, MY dog (I've stolen the dog from her) to take for walks.
Sounds great! After we heard from USCIS the other week its all starting to feel more like a reality than a dream!
Im moving to Chicago so ill hopefully get a nice summer in before i knuckle down and get through the harsh winter!

Im interested to see how long it takes to get your case from USCIS to NVC, seems like a few weeks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.