Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:48 am
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

clemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really nice
Default Re: I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
This is exactly where im at. Im hoping to be able to move out in June.Lets hope it all goes to plan!
It quite nice to know that others are in the same boat, im just willing the days to go by at the moment!
Our record was moved Nov 2-3 from CA service center to TX service center. Yesterday we got an update text that the I-130 and I-129F is still being worked upon. Fingers crossed this gets wrapped up in 3 weeks so we can await the next stage. Fun, fun, fun!

Keep the faith and it will all be over soon and we can all be back together with our families again really soon. xoxx
Old Dec 1st 2010, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clemato
Our record was moved Nov 2-3 from CA service center to TX service center. Yesterday we got an update text that the I-130 and I-129F is still being worked upon. Fingers crossed this gets wrapped up in 3 weeks so we can await the next stage. Fun, fun, fun!

Keep the faith and it will all be over soon and we can all be back together with our families again really soon. xoxx

I'm not expecting to hear anything for a while. Our case hasn't been updated since oct 26th which I'm guessing is when they recieved it at the service centre. But my husband is coming over here in jan so I have that to keep me going!!
I hope you get your approval soon!!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 1:50 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

clemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really nice

Your UK spouse is allowed to enter the USA on the VWP even though your I-130 is with USCIS ? I was told by Department of State that my spouse was not allowed to enter the US from the UK the moment that our case was opened up with USCIS ...
Old Dec 1st 2010, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Your UK spouse is allowed to enter the USA on the VWP even though your I-130 is with USCIS ? I was told by Department of State that my spouse was not allowed to enter the US from the UK the moment that our case was opened up with USCIS ...
I'm the UK spouse. My husband is coming over from US to UK for a few weeks.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 2:02 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

aha!

Yes, I'm planning to take my Christmas bonus check and fly to see my English hubby on Valentine's Day

It's crazy, we've only been apart 1 month and it's like half of your soul is gone. The house is empty. It's a killer.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

aha!

Yes, I'm planning to take my Christmas bonus check and fly to see my English hubby on Valentine's Day

It's crazy, we've only been apart 1 month and it's like half of your soul is gone. The house is empty. It's a killer.
The longest we did was 6 months during the summer. It is a killer! This time round it's only been 3.5 months so a bit better! It seems we are always saying goodbye! We will have been married nearly a year by the time I get out! Fingers crossed for a problem free petition!
I bet you counting down the days till feb!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 2:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Your UK spouse is allowed to enter the USA on the VWP even though your I-130 is with USCIS ?
Yes.

I was told by Department of State that my spouse was not allowed to enter the US from the UK the moment that our case was opened up with USCIS ...
This is incorrect.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes.

This is incorrect.

Rene
I was hoping to go out to the US for a visit in April. What sort of documents should I take with me?
Old Dec 1st 2010, 2:43 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

Noorah101 -

Can you please provide a link showing this policy? We would like to both see that, please.

///

Hockeysarah -

Totally. So you're the same as us!

We did 5 months apart, then 10 days together, another week together a month after that. But then 6 full months apart. It gave us time to prepare for our wedding, though. And then at the time of the wedding we had 3-1/2 months together without any separations. Getting through to February will only have kept us 3-1/2 months apart again. We'll have 2 weeks together in February. And then we are hoping maybe only 2 more months separated after that (maximum) until he is here permanently.

I would not have done it any other way, not for another person on Earth, because he's the one; but I told my nieces & nephews to marry Americans, it's just easier! lol

Seriously, though, I would not trade it. We could have done the fiance visa thing and married here, he'd be here by now. But it was so important to us (this is our only marriage ever) to have my family there and his family there, so we met halfway in Scotland and got my family out and his locals and then he has family further East in the globe. So to have them with us made it the very best wedding, ever. Besides, Scotland was way more romantic and unforgettable that Generic-Town, USA, where I live here - no family nearby at all. Yeah, definitely worth this separation to have done it the right way for our marriage.

Skype is the BEST invention ever and keeps us close. That and a daily phone call, emails, instant messaging, sending digital images & videos, real letters and parcels in the post, and chat rooms. Technology keeps us almost as close as in person.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

We are in very similar situations! we have been together over 2 years now, but i did spend 5 months with him in 2009, since then we have been going back and forth. We had the 6 months apart to save for the wedding too! We got married in St Lucia on our own. The main reason being we thought we deserved paradise! Then we came back to the UK and had a huge celebration! Once i move to Chicago next year we will be having a wedding celebration there with his family and friends! although looking at the time scales it probably will be our 1st anniversary party!

We havent gone a day in 2 years without speaking on the phone, i think thats the secret to making it work! I cant wait for January to come around and we can have our own late xmas!

Can i ask, why have you filed both an i 130 and a I 129F? I have i missed something?
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was told by Department of State that my spouse was not allowed to enter the US from the UK the moment that our case was opened up with USCIS ...
They lied!

Ian
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Can you please provide a link showing this policy? We would like to both see that, please.
As I have explained many times over the years, governments can do only what they are allowed to by law. Individuals, OTOH, are allowed to do whatever they want as long as there is no law specifically prohibiting it. You won't find anything about this because there is no law that prohibits it.

Ian
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Noorah101 -

I don't have a link, no, can't say as I've ever seen anything official on the topic one way or the other. I just know from seeing people on the forum who have done it. I'd have to google around to see if such a link exists...but then again you could do the same. I highly doubt there is anything officially written about this.

If the Dept of State said he *can't* use the VWP while waiting, then you'd think there would be something official on THEIR website stating so, right? But there is not. www.state.gov.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:26 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

Those forms were filed prior to his finding this forum. Department of State, I talked to their Visa department in Washington, DC (Rosslyn, VA), and explained exactly our own situation down to the last detail.

At the time (Jan or Feb 2009) we were told to file a K3 (130+129F) to speed up the process ... after the wedding and after I came back to the USA from our wedding. That is precisely what we did.

Though this message board says the 129F will be disposed of, the government did accept the form and are updating us on it every time that we get 130 updates. So they'll either process him as K3 or as the other one (CR-1??). We are prepared for a long process either way.

//

We are doing the same. When he arrives, we're having a welcome to America party bbq party with music, all the friends, family, and kids here and are gonna celebrate. It may, as well, also be a 1st anniversary party!

//

Our Immigration Plan B is .... if by some miracle he gets processed swiftly and let's say his Embassy visit in London is in February, then we are gonna cancel my trip and then when he gets here we're doing NYC for a bit because he's never been there before. (Yes, we are so gonna do Ellis Island on that trip!)
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:28 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

We're just not going to risk anything with our case, whatsoever, and without something in writing are not taking any chances. I am dead set on not jeopardizing our case or risking deportation. I will visit him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.