Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing from Egypt

Wikiposts

I-130 Filing from Egypt

Old Oct 31st 2011, 8:57 am
Just Joined

badr51182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 Filing from Egypt

I am U.S. citizen and would like to bring my spouse (husband) to live in the United States as a green card holder (permanent resident),
We are both living in Egypt, as shown on the US Embassy in Cairo that since Aug 15th the process of applying for IV has been changed & the petition has to be felt in the US through the USCIS

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv004.html
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

I would greatly appreciate if any one passed by the new process and can give me the steps & how can I apply while being overseas?

Thanks
Mrs Badr
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:02 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS Centralizes Filing of Form I-130

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Regards, JEff
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by badr51182
I am U.S. citizen and would like to bring my spouse (husband) to live in the United States as a green card holder (permanent resident),
We are both living in Egypt, as shown on the US Embassy in Cairo that since Aug 15th the process of applying for IV has been changed & the petition has to be felt in the US through the USCIS

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv004.html
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

I would greatly appreciate if any one passed by the new process and can give me the steps & how can I apply while being overseas?

Thanks
Mrs Badr
Here is our Wiki Guide to the Immigrant Visa process: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/CR-1

Begin by filing form I-130 to the appropriate address in the USA. Go to www.usics.gov, Forms, I-130, to download the form and instructions.

I am not sure if USCIS will mail things overseas (I find it doubtful), so make sure you have a stable US address to use when filing, so as not to miss any USCIS correspondence (NOA1, NOA2, RFE if you should get one).

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

In your thread from July 2011, it was suggest to find out whether your previously filed I-130 was still valid. Did you investigate this before deciding to file another I-130?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726199

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:11 am

I changed your thread title to more accurately reflect your question, so you'll get a better response. Your original title sounded more like an announcement.

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies

Regarding by I-130 that was previously felt, I have been advised that my file has been destroyed, does that mean that the I-130 is not valid any more? I really I don't know if i have to fill a new i-130 or not, but it seems yes cause i will start over all again.

Thanks for adjusting the title
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:29 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

So, "felt" isn't a typo. Can you use another word next time? I'm curious to know what "felt" means to you.
Regarding by I-130 that was previously felt,
Advised by who? The consular staff? If so, they are most likely referring to the original visa application. They probably sent the I-130 back to USCIS, possibly with a recommendation to revoke because the visa application was abandoned, but maybe not.

I'm not sure how you would find out from USCIS what the status of your original petition is. Perhaps with an I-824? But that would cost $405. So perhaps you are best off submitting a new I-130.
I have been advised that my file has been destroyed, does that mean that the I-130 is not valid any more? I really I don't know if i have to fill a new i-130 or not, but it seems yes cause i will start over all again.

Regards, JEff
Old Oct 31st 2011, 10:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
So, "felt" isn't a typo.
I think she meant "filed".

Ian
Old Oct 31st 2011, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: I-130 Filing from Egypt

I meant filled. Sorry the inconvenience guys.

I believe it's better the start it from the beginning & I will attache my husband's old case number showing the approval for the i-130.

Thanks