Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filed in December, Now what?

I-130 Filed in December, Now what?

Old Apr 21st 2011, 3:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filed in December, Now what?

Originally Posted by LuccaGirl
Hi, Just wondering if you know if there is an official documents check list?
Quoting, 'What Happens Next?
On receipt of the Forms DS-230-I and DS-2001 and document checklist, the Immigrant Visa Unit will complete all necesary administrative processing of your visa application.'
http://london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html

thanks
There is no longer a free-standing checklist. The items on this page are the documents required for the interview: http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html
Old Apr 24th 2011, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

LuccaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
So, there isn't anything that we return? Like the checklist for the I 130?
Old Apr 25th 2011, 3:46 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

"checklist for the I 130"? What checklist is that? By the time one is getting ready for a visa interview the I-130 is long over and done with.

See the link that meauxna provided in answer to your first question.

Regards, JEff

So, there isn't anything that we return? Like the checklist for the I 130?
Old Apr 26th 2011, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

LuccaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
There is no longer a free-standing checklist. The items on this page are the documents required for the interview: http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html
thanks meauxna.

Oh, by the way, when do we fill in the DS 230 Part 2?
Because we only send DS 230 Part 1 with the DS 2001, right?

merci
Old Apr 26th 2011, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice

Hey - I checked the website today and they are finally onto December's applications - good news for you! Wish I had done mine back then but Ive got another 2 months as mine was in February. I'd be interested to know when you get a letter from them though, just to give me an idea of timescales :-)
Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:25 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

thanks meauxna.

Oh, by the way, when do we fill in the DS 230 Part 2?
Because we only send DS 230 Part 1 with the DS 2001, right?

merci
Fill in DS-230 II any time you like; it goes to the interview with you.

Only send the first part (when requested) so they can start your security checks.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes. As soon as you have your LND case number, you can book your medical. You will need a copy of your police report to take with you to the medical appointment. I think you also need 2 passport photos.

Rene
You know I have been looking over the medical examination information on the embassy website
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...cal_letter.pdf

and I can not find anywhere that it says to bring the police report? Just wondering why they letting you know that you need to bring it along?
thanks!
Old Apr 30th 2011, 11:35 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

It is only recent they medical staff have asked to see a copy of your Police Certificate.

It is so the Doctors can see if you have any convictions related to drugs.

Last edited by Brucky; Apr 30th 2011 at 11:42 am.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
I can not find anywhere that it says to bring the police report? Just wondering why they letting you know that you need to bring it along?
It's a new requirement in the past few months. Bring it.

Ian
Old Apr 30th 2011, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Okay! Thanks .
Old Apr 30th 2011, 3:33 pm

You know I have been looking over the medical examination information on the embassy website
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...cal_letter.pdf

and I can not find anywhere that it says to bring the police report? Just wondering why they letting you know that you need to bring it along?
thanks!
They will tell you when you call to book the medical appointment. You can wait til then to believe it.
Old May 18th 2011, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joannabanana
yep, exactly. I 've got everything ready to go, and have typed out my cover letter and saved it, so the moment I get my case number and medical date, can insert the dates, print it out and get it posted off!
Hey, specifically what items did you include in your cover letter? just curious as we have been looking over what we have prepared and double checking and just realized we never acutally created the cover letter yet.
Im assuming Name of UKC , LND , email , date of travel, medical date ? anything else?? thanks
Old May 18th 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

yep, everything you've stated above
Old May 18th 2011, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joannabanana
yep, everything you've stated above
Cool. Good to go then. Cant wait to mail it off!!
Old May 19th 2011, 8:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool. Good to go then. Cant wait to mail it off!!
Keep in mind that the cover letter is pretty much for your own record-keeping purposes. The officer who looks at your I-130 package will most likely throw away the cover letter, and only keep the required paperwork in your file. They probably won't compare what you list in the cover letter to what's actually in the package.

Rene