Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130, Evidence of bona fides of marriage

Wikiposts

I-130, Evidence of bona fides of marriage

Old May 11th 2009, 6:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130, Evidence of bona fides of marriage

Originally Posted by jmood
So then, what's your take on whether I should or not submit either the rent demand notice with both our names, that looks real and professional but isn't a lease, or the fake looking lease itself which has the 2007 start date?
Since you ask, I agree with Rene... you are stressing out way too much. They will look at the totality of your evidence and they will not - as you seem to be doing - focus just on this one bit of evidence.

Submit it... don't submit it... it's entirely up to you.

Ian
Old May 11th 2009, 7:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

So then, what's your take on whether I should or not submit either the rent demand notice with both our names, that looks real and professional but isn't a lease, or the fake looking lease itself which has the 2007 start date?
Thanks.

What is a rent demand notice?

I think you are over worrying at this point. Dump eveerything on an attorney's lap and rid yourself of the problems you are creating for yourself. Let them worry about it.
Old May 12th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,
After all the experience I've had with them I'm CONVINCED that attorney's don't worry. They likely don't care much either. They primarily want the money. If I thought otherwise I'd have gladly dumped the whole thing in one's lap.

p.s. rent demand notice is the piece of paper the landlord sends every month reminding you how much rent you are supposed to pay them for that month.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,
After all the experience I've had with them I'm CONVINCED that attorney's don't worry. They likely don't care much either. They primarily want the money. If I thought otherwise I'd have gladly dumped the whole thing in one's lap.

p.s. rent demand notice is the piece of paper the landlord sends every month reminding you how much rent you are supposed to pay them for that month.
We call that an "invoice" or a "rent bill" around here.

Rene
Old May 12th 2009, 12:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

Ah J and Rene. I've been an apartment renter all my life, this apartment for 33 years, and never once got a rent demand/notice. You remember to pay your rent or they file in court for an eviction of the premises.
Old May 12th 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

I have all my payments on standing order since I'm soooo absent minded. The landlord gets their rent like clockwork each month! I guess my obsessiveness in "organizing" the application file (re. the other post going on - binder boy stuff) was to compensate for the absent mindedness! :-)

I hope I'm not offending any lawyers on this forum. Perhaps I've simply been very unlucky in my dealings. As I wrote before, I come from a family of legal people and used to LOVE lawyers but after I moved to the US I had several awful experiences and hence my comments. I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone.