Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Delay - UK Consulate Processing

I-130 Delay - UK Consulate Processing

Old Nov 21st 2017, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

GCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud of
Default I-130 Delay - UK Consulate Processing

My application date is October 4th. I have noticed that in the past few weeks the consulate seems to have slowed down significantly. The new processing time effective today (November 21st), is October 9th.

In the prior update (November 9th) they were processing October 2nd.

Seems to me my application date was closer to the last update that the current one, meaning by now I should have gotten something on the mail already. Should I be concerned? If so should I contact the embassy? How to contact, email or phone?

Appreciate any feedback.

GCShihtzu
Old Nov 21st 2017, 5:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Delay - UK Consulate Processing

May I ask what you should be concerned about? The dates will always fluctuate and because it has now regressed to their working on a petition dated October 2 only means that there is a petition that has come up for action and that is the date. Yours will get to the top of the pile in good time. I know it is never as fast as you wish it to be but this week is Thanksgiving week/end in the US and the Embassy will be closed on Thursday and most probably on Friday as well. I'm sure that many US employees have taken holiday back to the States to be with family and thus things will not speed up until sometime next week.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 6:36 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

As a general rule, do not assume that the process moves in a linear fashion. In addition to Rete's comments, it may be that there was an influx of multiple applications. Even if the office was adjudicating at the same place, this will slow down the cutoff dates.

Also, it should be noted that the adjudicators do work other than I-130's.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 10:16 am
Just Joined

GCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud ofGCShihtzu has much to be proud of

Perhaps I'm getting a bit antsy. Royal Mail frequently delivers other's people mail at my house (we have to return it). Given the sensitive nature of this mailing, I definitely need to be on the lookout. Thanks for the feedback and Happy Thanksgiving...
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Good news! Got the approval letter today.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 1:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Now on to the next step.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rete. It says LND number allow 5 to 8 weeks, but most people on this forum seem to get it within a week or less. Hope that's the case....
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

As patronizing as it sounds; always take other peoples timelines (and even USCIS's time frames!) with a pinch of salt
Old Nov 29th 2017, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Laurenrose is an unknown quantity at this point

I, too, got overexcited at that point. My LND number then took 5.5 weeks 🙇🏼‍♀️ and got sent to my previous physical address rather than my mailing address...
Old Nov 29th 2017, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Laurenrose,

OMG, how did you find it was sent to the wrong address? Did you have to contact the embassy?
Old Nov 29th 2017, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Laurenrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GCShihtzu
Laurenrose,

OMG, how did you find it was sent to the wrong address? Did you have to contact the embassy?
No, luckily we are in contact with the new occupants (we just moved) and they text to say a piece of ‘important looking mail’ had arrived!