Wikiposts

I-130 DCF question

Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all
Default I-130 DCF question

Hello. Does anyone know once you have filed the I-130 petition via DCF, can you transfer it to the US to be processed? I am just wondering if there is any way to get to the US quicker than waiting the standard 5 months.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:00 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 DCF question

DCF is usually quicker than US processing. I don't know if you can transfer it to the US but it won't get it done any faster.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by avanutria
DCF is usually quicker than US processing. I don't know if you can transfer it to the US but it won't get it done any faster.
Yeah, I figured. we had filed I-130 via DCF in dec, so were planning on being there in may or june (hopefully) but now Hubby (USC) has been given the opportunity of a new job over there to start in feb.... life is so full of surprises!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:20 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joannabanana
Hello. Does anyone know once you have filed the I-130 petition via DCF, can you transfer it to the US to be processed? I am just wondering if there is any way to get to the US quicker than waiting the standard 5 months.
The processing time for the I-130 itself, in the US, is 5 months. Then you add 2-3 months at the NVC and another couple of months waiting for an interview.
Filing in the US takes longer than locally via DCF.

There is no faster way to move to the US than what you are doing (any sorry to say, many people who would be well pleased to have *only* 5 months to wait).

If you are otherwise eligible, you are not barred from visiting the US while waiting for your immigrant case to complete.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:21 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joannabanana
Yeah, I figured. we had filed I-130 via DCF in dec, so were planning on being there in may or june (hopefully) but now Hubby (USC) has been given the opportunity of a new job over there to start in feb.... life is so full of surprises!
If he has a good job offer, IMO he should take it. There are many people who have been out of work for 2 years, and not for lack of trying.

A couple of months for him to set up a soft landing for you sounds like a good deal, and will satisfy the affidavit of support I-864 you will need in order to get your visa?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
If he has a good job offer, IMO he should take it. There are many people who have been out of work for 2 years, and not for lack of trying.

A couple of months for him to set up a soft landing for you sounds like a good deal, and will satisfy the affidavit of support I-864 you will need in order to get your visa?
Yep, you are absolutely right, it's a good thing (and thank you for the info - it's always so helpfull on this forum.) I was simply trying to see if there was any way to go with him. Not a big deal, and really not that long to wait...and we are very pleased!