I-130 check security

Old May 6th 2007, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

boo42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 check security

hello
any body had same experience with uscis
our petition on 2005 ,
we call all time uscis and they tell us that the case still pending and we need to wait,this years on march they told us that our case need more six months for check clearnace (security check by FBI) so we need to wait more.
is this the last thing they do on the case and they approve it or they willl need something else from us .
what we need to do about that , do we need to contact FBI to ask about our case or do we need to send to uscis my police record and more papers or what to do
then we contact a lawyer and he advised us that we need to file I-129f so we did and it's pending too
does the delay on I-130 will delay I-129F ,or both case pend seperately,
any information or similar experience share please
thank you
Old May 7th 2007, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: I-130 check security

no body have no idea about name check
does every body get name chekc or some cases
Old May 7th 2007, 4:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boo42
no body have no idea about name check
does every body get name chekc or some cases
Everyone gets the same name checks. Everyone gets the same security and background checks. It can take a very long time in some cases. If your name gets a "hit", meaning it is the same as, or similar to someone else's name with a record, they have to research it manually, and that takes time.

The I-130 and I-129F background checks are separate, but if you're having issues with one, I expect you will have the same issues with the other one.

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do except wait. What country are you from? I have a Pakistani friend who waited almost a year for his background check to clear, after having the visa interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 7th 2007, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

so is it the last thing they do on teh case name check , they will ask any thing more , i mean after name check is clear the case will be approved
or they will need to do some thing else
Old May 7th 2007, 5:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

so is it the last thing they do on teh case name check , they will ask any thing more , i mean after name check is clear the case will be approved
or they will need to do some thing else
I don't know. Where are you in the visa process? They usually do the security checks before you have your visa interview, and hopefully the checks are clear before you have the interview. But sometimes the checks are not clear by that time, and it takes additional time after your interview.

In my Pakistani friend's case, after 11 months of waiting, they asked him to get a new medical and fingerprinting done and return those to the consulate. He has done that, and is still waiting for some news.

So yes, they can still ask for additional stuff.

Rene
Old May 7th 2007, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

we called them and asked them if they need more evidence or more papers like my police record and oe some thing else and they say no
the petition i-130 still at uscis , me and my wife abroad (out side united states).so they say it will take 6 months for securty check(FBI)
so we contact FBI and they say they can not give any information we have to wait
i heard that some people untill they get they interview approved and then they need to wait for check name by FBI
Old May 7th 2007, 5:53 am

we called them and asked them if they need more evidence or more papers like my police record and oe some thing else and they say no
OK, so you don't need to send them anything else unless they ask for it.

the petition i-130 still at uscis , me and my wife abroad (out side united states).so they say it will take 6 months for securty check(FBI)
OK, then I guess you have to just keep waiting.

so we contact FBI and they say they can not give any information we have to wait
Yes, FBI has gotten more strict about giving out results. You'll have to wait.

i heard that some people untill they get they interview approved and then they need to wait for check name by FBI
Yes, that's what is happening to my Pakistani friend. But if your security checks are still pending at the time of your interview, you won't be approved. You can't get approved for your visa until the security checks are clear.

Where are you from?

Rene
Old May 7th 2007, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

I gess so we have to wait untill the FBI done from my name check , even it's so long .do they do it any time we apply for any thing at uscis they will keep checking on name or just once
Old May 7th 2007, 6:07 am

I gess so we have to wait untill the FBI done from my name check , even it's so long .do they do it any time we apply for any thing at uscis they will keep checking on name or just once
You will have security checks done at every step of your immigration process. For example, if you enter the USA with an immigrant visa and your marriage is less than 2 years old, you'll get a 2-year green card. In 2 years, you will apply for the 10-year card, and will have another security check. When you apply for citizenship, you'll have another security check. If you enter the USA on a K-3 visa (from filing the I-129F, which you did), then you'll have another security check when you adjust your status to permanent resident.

But hopefully they won't ALL take as long as this one is taking. Maybe clearing it up this once will make it shorter in the future. You never know.

Rene
Old May 7th 2007, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

thank you so much, so if the marriage more than 2 years what they do the same process again
Old May 7th 2007, 6:54 am

thank you so much, so if the marriage more than 2 years what they do the same process again
If the marriage is more than 2 years old when you enter the USA using your immigrant visa, you will receive a 10-year green card, and your next step would be applying for citizenship (if you want that, in 3 years, if you're still married), or if you don't want citizenship, then you'll renew your green card in 10 years.

Rene
Old May 7th 2007, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

thank you that's a great site i raelly like , here you can find alot of useful information , i really apprecaite
Old May 7th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

I really apreciate it