Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Approved via DCF in London...when do we get the next paperwork?

Wikiposts

I-130 Approved via DCF in London...when do we get the next paperwork?

Old Dec 11th 2008, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default I-130 Approved via DCF in London...when do we get the next paperwork?

Hi All,

We got approved for the I-130 on 26th November 2008. We were on holiday in the US so we are not exactly sure when it arrived to our apartment. But now we're wondering when does the Consulate get in touch with the next stage of paperwork and the checklist to let them know we are ready for the next step.

It's been 2 weeks since the day it was approved so I'm just wondering how long to wait or should I email them, and if so, does anyone have the email address.

Thanks in advance,

Kathleen
Old Dec 11th 2008, 5:20 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 Approved via DCF in London...when do we get the next paperwork?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Actually, once the I-130 is approved, I believe the next steps are done by the NVC (National Visa Center) in the USA. NVC will send out a Choice of Agent request, and then an I-864 request. Once they have everything, they will set up the interview date for you, and the consulate will send the UKC the visa application package.

Rene
Rene:

Look at the header -- DCF it says.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 5:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Approved via DCF in London...when do we get the next paperwork?

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Rene:

Look at the header -- DCF it says.
Oh man, you're right. I'm having a really off day today! I need a nap!

Thanks.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Any idea how long I should wait?

I've read a few posts and it seems like a lot of people get the paperwork within a week or so. I know everyone is different, but, I'm just wondering is there a way to contact them to ask about it?

TIA,
Kat
Old Dec 13th 2008, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

forts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katnap8
Any idea how long I should wait?

I've read a few posts and it seems like a lot of people get the paperwork within a week or so. I know everyone is different, but, I'm just wondering is there a way to contact them to ask about it?

TIA,
Kat
If it is anything like Sydney, you can call them via 1-900 number (pay number), which is kind of screwed. However, if it is like Sydney, it will not take long, and you can look at the processing times on their site. 2 Months for the entire process (again, based on Sydney.)
Old Dec 16th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just wanted to update that our paperwork from the consulate arrived on Monday 15th Dec. So just a little after two weeks since the I-130 was approved