Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Approval Notice and a couple of questions.....

I-130 Approval Notice and a couple of questions.....

Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Antstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really nice
Default I-130 Approval Notice and a couple of questions.....

Hi all,

I'm VERY pleased to say that my I-130 was approved last week in just under 3 months so THANK YOU to everyone that helped, I'm sure it wouldn't have been approved so swiftly if I had completed it on my own!

So now I'm hoping to get some opinions on the medical and interview aspects. My situation is slightly unusual since I'm a UKC living and working in Canada and I travel to be with my wife (USC) for a few days every month. For the medical/interview stage I would prefer to complete that in the US during one of my visits rather than heading back to the UK.....does anyone know if that's possible? I know some people are going to ask why I'm not doing it in Canada and that is purely because when we submitted the I-130 application my previous Canadian work visa had expired so I put down London on the I-130 form as my local embassy....Now being back in Canada, number one preference would be to complete it all in the US and number two would be returning to the UK for a week or so to do medical & interview...

Any help is apprecaited....
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Approval Notice and a couple of questions.....

Originally Posted by Antstar
Hi all,

I'm VERY pleased to say that my I-130 was approved last week in just under 3 months so THANK YOU to everyone that helped, I'm sure it wouldn't have been approved so swiftly if I had completed it on my own!

So now I'm hoping to get some opinions on the medical and interview aspects. My situation is slightly unusual since I'm a UKC living and working in Canada and I travel to be with my wife (USC) for a few days every month. For the medical/interview stage I would prefer to complete that in the US during one of my visits rather than heading back to the UK.....does anyone know if that's possible? I know some people are going to ask why I'm not doing it in Canada and that is purely because when we submitted the I-130 application my previous Canadian work visa had expired so I put down London on the I-130 form as my local embassy....Now being back in Canada, number one preference would be to complete it all in the US and number two would be returning to the UK for a week or so to do medical & interview...

Any help is apprecaited....
Congratulations on the I-130 approval.

The medical and interview CANNOT be done inside the USA. They would need to be done either in Canada or the UK. Since you put London as the consulate you'll be using, your interview appointment will be set to take place in London, unless you put in a notice to change it to Canada (I believe only Montreal does IV interviews).

You *might* be able to switch it to Canada, if you're back there working now.

But under no circumstances can it be done inside the USA. You cannot obtain a visa to enter the USA from inside the USA.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 28th 2009 at 7:50 pm.