Wikiposts

I-130 alien # ??

Old Jul 20th 2002, 9:20 am
Leszek Horodeck

Default I-130 alien # ??

Do I still have to put Alien Number on forms although I became US citizen through
naturalization?

Old Jul 21st 2002, 1:20 am
Girard Bourque

Default Re: I-130 alien # ??

The short answer is Yes. I was told the same thing when I asked the INS inspector and
I was a US citizen at birth, but because I was born overseas (military dependant) I
have a certificate of citizenship and also have an alien number.

Jerry

Old Jul 21st 2002, 9:20 am
A.S. Byatt

"Girard Bourque" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] et>...

> The short answer is Yes. I was told the same thing when I asked the INS inspector
    > and I was a US citizen at birth, but because I was born overseas (military
    > dependant) I have a certificate of citizenship and also have an alien number.
    >
    > Jerry

I filed a k-3 and I-130 for my wife, and all I had to put down was my
citizenship number.

Old Jul 21st 2002, 2:20 pm
Girard Bourque

I had originally did the same thing. Then I decided to take my package to the Buffalo
INS office for a review before I sent it in. The lack of my alien number was the
first thing the inspector there questioned. Told her I was not an alien was a US
citizen at birth. She showed me my alien number on the certificate. I had never even
seen it. So I redid the forms then sent them in. I figured it was one less thing to
get kicked back.

Jerry