Reload this Page >

I-130 affidavit question

I-130 affidavit question

Old May 5th 2016, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 affidavit question

Originally Posted by Noorah101
When submitting directly to London, you don't need to include proof of relationship. That is taken with you to the interview.

Rene
We're ping pongers and I don't recall doing it last time (also London DCF). Other than the marriage certificate which is required, we weren't planning to bring anything. I could see proof being needed if you're living in different countries but if you've been married several years and living together, I would say don't overthink things too much.
Old May 5th 2016, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Famous Mortimer
... is there like an idiot's guide...?
Yes, we call it a Wiki - and you can find it in the blue bar at the top of every page. There's also a handy search function near the top right of every page.

... am I giving myself enough time (I'd like to be living in the USA by the end of January)?
If the I-130 is being filed in the US, you're looking at 8-10 months from submission to you getting a visa, assuming no issues. If the I-130 is being filed directly to London, you're looking at about 5-6 months. Once issued, the visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of your medical. Plan accordingly.

Ian
Old Jun 28th 2016, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Famous Mortimer is an unknown quantity at this point

So, forms were sent off about a fortnight ago. I have it lodged in my head I should have received an email notification by now, is this right? Or should I sit tight for a bit first?
Old Jun 28th 2016, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Tristatek is an unknown quantity at this point

We didn't get an email. Sit tight! Check if payment was taken. Xx
Old Jun 28th 2016, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Famous Mortimer
So, forms were sent off about a fortnight ago.
To where? It'll make a difference in the timeline... and you have never once said whether the I-130 was filed in London or in the US.

Ian