Wikiposts

I 130

Old Oct 23rd 2010, 12:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I 130

Originally Posted by Andyrocks22
Hi Ian,
Thanks for your advice and your help in making us understand. We will have a bit saved up..probably enough for 3 months and my wife has a few job leads..It's just difficult to actively seek employment when you have no idea when you will be available..I am unsure of my boundaries with regards to my seeking employment as I have read conflicting things but the plan is we will both be working, of course. If my wife must leave due to any family emergency that may arise, at what point in the visa process is this advisable? In other words, if she leaves after our 1-130 is filed are we penalized?
Thanks, Andy
Your wife can leave any time after the I-130 is filed.

Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 1:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I 130

Originally Posted by Andyrocks22
Hi, Rene
From what I've read we made an honest mistake as my wife and I both read that we were to send in our form and paperwork and our fee was to be collected in London at the time of our interview.
Wow, how disappointing that must be. I wish you had posted when you'd first joined!
Now, I am wondering where your application and all your sensitive documents went.

Did you use the special London checklist? I recommend that you start with this page: http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

How do I file the petition?

Download and utilize the following checklists to file your I-130; they contain easy-to-follow detailed instructions.

* I-130 Petition for Alien Spouse [PDF - 70kb]