Wikiposts

I-129F while overseas

Old Apr 13th 2010, 3:49 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129F while overseas

Originally Posted by Noorah101
USCs are not only allowed to file from overseas, but required to. USCIS will not accept a tax return filed in the overseas country, it has to be filed to the USA.
Comment: I see clearly what you meant. But by way of clarification, a US citizen overseas can file the required US tax return with an overseas American diplomatic post.

Story: I know of a US born person who made Aliyah to Israel as a small child. She did not obtain a US passport until her late '20s. Within three months she received a letter from the IRS office in the US Embassy in Nicosia. Funny thing was that her job paid a salary way over the overseas earned income limit, but it was paid to the Kibbutz of which she had been a member since age 4. From what I understand, the US considers the Kibbutz stipend to be her "salary."
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:14 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayceebee
USC has been in Australia for a year because I've been studying postgrad here.

The reason we are thinking of a K-1 is because we intend to get married there next year. It's more of a personal reason why we want to get married there.
OK, just checking.. there is a method for petitioning & applying for the visa as married people, from overseas, in your sort of situation. But, it doesn't apply if you want to marry in the US.

There is a tax filing wiki entry that your partner might find helpful for doing his overseas tax return. He gets a couple of extra months automatically (for being overseas) and he can also get an extension if he needs longer than that (tax returns are due April 15 normally).
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:22 am
Just Joined

jayceebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Nobody has said that he won't have to pay the US any income tax. Both Rene and I said that he may not have to pay the US income tax.

You haven't provided the necessary information, nor should you, to make a definitive statement on the matter.

Regards, JEff
Sorry!
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:24 am
Just Joined

jayceebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
OK, just checking.. there is a method for petitioning & applying for the visa as married people, from overseas, in your sort of situation. But, it doesn't apply if you want to marry in the US.

There is a tax filing wiki entry that your partner might find helpful for doing his overseas tax return. He gets a couple of extra months automatically (for being overseas) and he can also get an extension if he needs longer than that (tax returns are due April 15 normally).
We want to get married there because that is where we met.

Thank you so much. I will pass the message on to him.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:09 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

S'ok

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by jayceebee
Sorry!