Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-129F Proof of Meeting Question

I-129F Proof of Meeting Question

Old May 31st 2002, 9:20 pm
Ken

Default I-129F Proof of Meeting Question

My fiance and I have met in person twice but we didn't take any photos. She lives in
British Columbia, Canada and I live in Connecticut. I have my flight info and
receipts from restaurants to show that I've been with her. I'm flying out to see her
the end of June so I can get photos then. However, I would like to send in the I-129F
application now. Waiting another month to apply means another month before she can be
here to stay. Any advice is appreciated.

Old May 31st 2002, 10:20 pm
Humberto Rossi

Default Re: I-129F Proof of Meeting Question

In most of what I have read, they say that photos are needed. I could be wrong. I
would wait out the month because if you don't and they send it back to you then you
may have to wait longer.

Lili

Old Jun 1st 2002, 2:20 am
Paul Helpdesk

You certainly need a proof that you both met each other. This is best shown
by providing photographs of two of you together. You may find the following
sites helpful:

http://www.visapro.com/Fiance-Visa/K1-Fiancee-Visa.asp

http://warsaw-visaguide.hypermart.net/

Paul @ HelpDesk

Old Jun 1st 2002, 9:38 am
Just Joined

TaKa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!!!
Yes you definitvely will need photos as a proof of meeting each other or having met each other.
It also will be very helpful if you have a camera indicating the date where the photo was taken/will be taken.

Good luck

TaKa
Old Jun 1st 2002, 9:55 am
Just Joined

mothergoose is an unknown quantity at this point

I would never recommend sending in your petition without some photos but I went thru the process without them and had no problems. I did included all travel evidence, copies of some letters, e-mails, phone bills, etc. To tell the truth, I was quite a bit nervous about the lack of photos together and even stated so in my cover letter to INS. Now on the other hand the American Embassy wanted to see some photos when my fiancee had her interview. Oh and so there's no misunderstandings here, this relates only to photos of us together. I did include the required side view visa photos of each of us ( 2 per person).
Old Jun 1st 2002, 12:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to be the one that will take the opposite view. Photos are well and good IF YOU HAVE THEM. If you don't there isn't a hell of a lot that you can do now is there?

We had only one. And we only had the one because we took a cruise on Lake George one morning and they took your photos as you boarded and since it came out nicely we bought it.

You can and will have to prove in other ways that you two have met. Get an affidavit from her family and/or friends that they had met you when you went to visit her in BC. Use your boarding passes and airline itinerary. Cards and letters are helpful in proving the existence of a relationship but don't do much in showing you have actually met. Do you have photographs of your trip to BC. Of the waterfront, historic places, of her alone, of you alone. Anything and everything should be included.

I would send the I-129F in with what you have and make it as strong as possible.

R
Old Jun 1st 2002, 9:20 pm
Mrtravel

Actually, no.... You don't "definitely" need photos. Say you had boarding passes
showing the two of you sitting next to you on a plane...

TaKa wrote:
    >
    > Hi!!! Yes you definitvely will need photos as a proof of meeting each other or
    > having met each other. It also will be very helpful if you have a camera indicating
    > the date where the photo was taken/will be taken.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > TaKa
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com