I-129f payment question?

Wikiposts

I-129f payment question?

Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:16 am
Just Joined

superslinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-129f payment question?

hello,

we've sent off our I-129f on 4/11/09 (4th nov) along with cheque for $455 but just wondered if anyone knew how long it would take for cheque to be deposited. I wont have enough in the account until the 19th and worried the cheque will bounce. I thought someone here with more experience might know how long it took.

any info greatly appreciated

thanks

mike
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129f payment question?

Originally Posted by superslinky
hello,

we've sent off our I-129f on 4/11/09 (4th nov) along with cheque for $455 but just wondered if anyone knew how long it would take for cheque to be deposited. I wont have enough in the account until the 19th and worried the cheque will bounce. I thought someone here with more experience might know how long it took.

any info greatly appreciated

thanks

mike
OMG. NEVER send USCIS a check without having the money in the account first, and making sure it stays in there.

It can take anywhere from immediately to several weeks for the check to be cashed, no way of saying for sure when it will be for sure.

My suggestion is to somehow get the money into your account ASAP, like today, even if you have to borrow it from elsewhere. The 19th is still more than a week away, and you don't want that check to bounce.

Rene
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
OMG. NEVER send USCIS a check without having the money in the account first, and making sure it stays in there.

It can take anywhere from immediately to several weeks for the check to be cashed, no way of saying for sure when it will be for sure.

My suggestion is to somehow get the money into your account ASAP, like today, even if you have to borrow it from elsewhere. The 19th is still more than a week away, and you don't want that check to bounce.

Rene
Ditto.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:30 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having heart palpatations just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!!

~SecretGarden
Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:50 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by superslinky
I wont have enough in the account until the 19th and worried the cheque will bounce.
Well... some mothers do 'ave 'em!

Ian
Old Nov 11th 2009, 12:46 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Mike, if you're lucky you'll end up being one of those people who comes on here and asks why it's taking so long for your check to clear your bank account.

The days of check floating are numbered, ever since Congress passed the Check 21 Act a few years ago and electronic check processing has become the norm. Back in the day, you could write a check and expect it to take a week or more to clear your bank -- now it can take as little as 24 hours.

For your sake, hopefully your file will get stuck at the bottom of the pile for a couple of weeks. Let this be a lesson learned.

~ Jenney