Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-129F - Is this normal?

I-129F - Is this normal?

Old Mar 21st 2001, 6:20 am
Keith Kraiser

I sent in my I-129F application to Nebraska on January 22nd, 2001. I received the
registered mail receipt at the end of January saying they received it on January 25.
I have YET to receive my first NOA or any type of reference number (which they ask me
for whenever I call) and it has been 2 months. I have been told by an immigration
attorney that it can be up to six months, but I expected to receive something from
INS within the first month. I also hoped to get the magical "A-number" (is that what
it's called?) so I can contact my senator referencing my case. I guess I picked a bad
year to move away from Pennsylvania where I could have applied via Vermont INS.

Any advice?

thanks, Keith

Old Mar 21st 2001, 2:09 pm
Alex J

NSC does not always send a receipt (we did not get one either). The reference number
you need is on the back of your canceled check or money order - you need to get a
copy of which ever one you used. It will be hand written and start with LIN. I did
not get an A# until fingerprinting.

Alex

Keith Kraiser wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 21st 2001, 2:59 pm
Keith

Thanks for the info, Alex.

I'll track down that cancelled check today - my bank keeps them. I do know they
cashed it on February 8 - about 2 weeks after it was sent to them.

Keith

>
reference
    >
need
    >
start
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I sent in my I-129F application to Nebraska on January 22nd, 2001. I received the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > registered mail receipt at the end of January saying they received it on January[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 25. I have YET to receive my first NOA or any[/usenetquote2]
type
[usenetquote2]> > of reference number (which they ask me for whenever I call) and it has[/usenetquote2]
been
[usenetquote2]> > 2 months. I have been told by an immigration attorney that it can be up[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > six months, but I expected to receive something from INS within the[/usenetquote2]
first
[usenetquote2]> > month. I also hoped to get the magical "A-number" (is that what it's called?) so[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I can contact my senator referencing my case. I guess I[/usenetquote2]
picked
[usenetquote2]> > a bad year to move away from Pennsylvania where I could have applied via[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Vermont INS.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Any advice?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > thanks, Keith[/usenetquote2]

Old Mar 21st 2001, 4:35 pm
Alex J

Your welcome. It is one of the few things I can answer with certainty :}.

Keith wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 21st 2001, 9:08 pm
mike muncy

Contact your congressman and let his/her office investigate it. Usually you get your
first NOA in a few weeks after mailing it.

Old Mar 22nd 2001, 4:50 pm
Brett Daley

I had to deal with the California Service Center and they are really bad. I recommend
that you call them and verify your address. If you requested that your approval be
"cabled" verify that address as well. I say this because the CSC had all sorts of
data entry errors.

Good Luck!

>
    >
    >
    >
been
    >
to
    >
    >
    >
picked
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 5:30 am
Keith

I got my check today and sure enough it had a valid LIN number. When I called the
info line, they said that my forst NOA was returned as undeliverable. I guess they
entered my address wrong into their computer because I have verified my address is
correct on my copy of the I-129F application. Do you expect that this "retunr to
sender" on the first NOA will have held up my application any? I hope they continued
to process it.

thanks, Keith

>
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks for the info, Alex.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I'll track down that cancelled check today - my bank keeps them. I do[/usenetquote2]
know
[usenetquote2]> > they cashed it on February 8 - about 2 weeks after it was sent to them.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Keith[/usenetquote2]