Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-129F/K-1 travel experieces

Wikiposts

I-129F/K-1 travel experieces

Old Nov 9th 2001, 5:07 pm
Debbie Barfield

My UK fiance was planning to come for a 2 week visit during the holidays. He has
traveled here for 2-3 weeks every 2-4 mos for the last 3 years on the visa waiver
program. He was last here in Oct. We mailed our I-129F package to the CA Serv Center
on Nov 1st. We understand that he may be denied entry at SFO when he arrives. The
question is - if he is denied entry, will this cause problems/delays in the visa
process? Do any of you have experiences with being denied or admitted for visits
while in the visa process? Thanks for the help, I need the peace of mind to not
worry, or need to know we need to make alternate plans.

Old Nov 9th 2001, 8:42 pm
Denis Barlow

Hi Debbie,

I visited Cathy in Phoenix after our I-129F had been submitted and had no problems
at all. Following advice from this group I made sure I was carrying plenty of
evidence that I was going to return to the UK (flat lease document etc) but I didn't
need to show it.

--
Denis
-----

If I worked as much as others, I would do as little as they.

>
    >
the
    >
package
    >
entry
    >
this
    >
    >
Thanks
    >
need
    >

Old Nov 10th 2001, 12:29 am
Betastar

If he is denied entry because they are afraid he will marry you and stay, it should
not interfere with the I-129F/K-1 visa process. Heck, if anything it shows the INS
thinks the relationship is sincere

If he's denied entry because he has a gram of coke in his coat pocket, yes, that
would cause problems with the K-1.

He should bring some evidence that he plans to return to the UK after the holidays.

Betastar

Old Nov 10th 2001, 12:32 am
Catherine Boss

Last time I visited America we had just filed our I-129F to Nebraska I was told at
Immigration did I know I wasn't allowed to get married on my trip. I just said yeah
we are in the middle of applying for the Fiancee visa and she just asked me how long
it was taking and wished me good luck

>
    >
the
    >
package
    >
entry
    >
this
    >
    >
Thanks
    >
need
    >

Old Nov 10th 2001, 8:30 am
Karenkitsis

I am in a similar position. My fiance is from the UK. I mailed in our I-29F on Oct. 6
and I just got our second NOA of approval yesterday!

This was way sooner than we expected. I was wondering if anyone had experiences
traveling to the US after the NOA of approval was recieved. My fiance hopes to come
for Christmas.

Thanks,

Karen