Reload this Page >

I-129F/I-130 Spouse and Adopting Her Son

Wikiposts

I-129F/I-130 Spouse and Adopting Her Son

Old Jul 19th 2002, 8:20 pm
Anton Gereau

Default I-129F/I-130 Spouse and Adopting Her Son

Hello all,

Have a question. I will be getting married in October. Following the marriage I was
possibly going to adopt her son (age-3), in their country. I will be returning home
and filing the required I-129F & I-130's for the K-3 & K-4 visas. On the I-130
question 2 for him, it asks if you are related to your relative by adoption. I would
think I answer this yes but could be wrong. The I-130 instructions also say that the
child has to have lived with me for the previous two years. That would make sense if
I were bringing the child by himself but he would be accompanying his natural mother
as a minor. Also the instructions say you can pretty much bring any stepson or
daughter with no real requirement of living with you. That doesn't make any sense.
Does anybody have any experience with this? Like I said it only makes sense if you're
bringing an adopted child here without its natural parent but that's not the case. I
want to do this and to me this shows the INS a hell of a lot "INTENT" that they want
to see. Any thoughts?

Thanks greatly, Anton