Wikiposts

I-129F or I-130

Old Aug 31st 2002, 8:34 am
Ready

Default I-129F or I-130

What is the difference? I have an approval from MSC, but I really doubt she'll get a
visa or even an interview in their window (time). It expires on 12-09-02. Moscow is
not issuing visas nor are they doing interviews. The I-130 may be approved before
anything else happens, but what is the difference in these two?

Old Aug 31st 2002, 8:52 am
Girard Bourque

Default Re: I-129F or I-130

The K-3 is a non-immigrant visa, so after they enter they either need to adjust (AOS)
or wait for the 130 to run its course through INS and then the State Department and
return to the consulate of an immigrant visa. Most that I know, do the AOS. If they
receive the 130 that is an immigrant visa and they are pretty much done. If you are
married less then 2 years at the time of issue (I think it is time of issue, could be
date of application don't know for sure) you will receive a condictional visa and you
will need to remove the condictions 90 days prior to the expiration date.

The consulate has more work to do in order to issue the 130 over the K-3. About
double the time it sits at the consulate between receipt and interview. The
consulate I am dealing with says they will process in the order it was received. So
if the K-3 arrives a week prior to the 130 they will process the k-3. Of course each
consulate is different. But if they are both sitting at the consulate the 130 is
better because it is less work after you have it in your hands. I think, and I am
sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, the cost for the 130 visa is more then
the K-3. In the end it should all equal out because the cost of the AOS is equal to
about the difference in visa cost.

Jerry

Old Aug 31st 2002, 2:13 pm
Mike

Default Re: I-129F or I-130

"Girard Bourque" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. net>...
    > The K-3 is a non-immigrant visa, so after they enter they either need to adjust
    > (AOS) or wait for the 130 to run its course through INS and then the State
    > Department and return to the consulate of an immigrant visa. Most that I know, do
    > the AOS. If they receive the 130 that is an immigrant visa and they are pretty
    > much done. If you are married less then 2 years at the time of issue (I think it
    > is time of issue, could be date of application don't know for sure) you will
    > receive a condictional visa and you will need to remove the condictions 90 days
    > prior to the expiration date.
    > The consulate has more work to do in order to issue the 130 over the K-3. About
    > double the time it sits at the consulate between receipt and interview. The
    > consulate I am dealing with says they will process in the order it was received.
    > So if the K-3 arrives a week prior to the 130 they will process the k-3. Of course
    > each consulate is different. But if they are both sitting at the consulate the 130
    > is better because it is less work after you have it in your hands. I think, and I
    > am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, the cost for the 130 visa is more
    > then the K-3. In the end it should all equal out because the cost of the AOS is
    > equal to about the difference in visa cost.
    > Jerry
1999! WOW