Wikiposts

I-129F form

Old Jun 30th 2003, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

catswhiskers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-129F form

It is likely that we will be applying for the fiance visa when I am visiting my fiance in the US in August. It's just easier to fillin the form and make sure we have everything when we are together. There is a space on the form that asks if the fiance is in the US and what date they can stay as on the I-194 form. I will only be there for 10 days - what should we put on the form?

Has anyone else sent in their application while they are there?
Old Jul 1st 2003, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Linda & Eric is an unknown quantity at this point

Eric and I did. He just put what was on his I194 and we dated the petition for a date after he went back home as I didn't send it in until then.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

But then there wasn't any point in putting anything on the form about his I-914 if you sent it in after he returned surely?
Old Jul 1st 2003, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

My fiance was here in the US at the time we filled out the I-129F. I put down the date he arrived ( the stamped date from his passport ) and the date of his departure ( date he was scheduled to fly back to England ). That worked
Old Jul 1st 2003, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Thank you - that's what I hoped.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem at all. It is much easier when you fill out the form and gather all the documentation together. It made me thankful that he was able to spend a few weeks here, after he proposed. Because, had he not been here during that time, I feel it would have added extra stress trying to gather all the stuff for the proof of relationship. Just keep all your boarding passes, plane tickets, itenary, etc. to make copies of for your proof of relationship. Good luck and have a great time while you're there!