Wikiposts

I-129F Fiance Visa...

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 5:21 am
Just Joined

Synthesis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Affidavit of Support questions

I started this process a long time ago, but we delayed sending out the petition for a while because we got rather disorganized and my fiancé (Jason) didn't have time to do the Affidavit of Support right away. We didn't want to send off the I-129F petition until it was done as we were worried he may have to send off for or aquire documents pertaining to the Affidavit which might not arrive in time for any interview.

So now we've actually got around to doing it after me just returning from a trip out there, but I have some questions... I did some reading, but still didn't find all the answers I was looking for.

FYI, Jason is the American Citizen (Pennsylvania) and I'm British, neither of us have a criminal record, he's 25 and I'm 19, we've been together for three years, no children. Hopefully a straightforward case?

So, the questions:

Where can I get the poverty line figures? I had the ones for 2003 but are there new ones in place for 2004 now? Where can either be found, as I have lost the link?

To pass 125% of the poverty line, must you earn that amount BEFORE or AFTER tax? We should *just* about manage that before, but if it's after tax...

I have nearly £2000 sitting in a UK bank... this is going to be our wedding fund but if he did not pass the line, could this be used to up the figure? I understand $5 of assets is needed for every $1 short of the line, but pounds convert nicely to dollars these days...

Will an I-134 be sufficient for this stage of the process? I know you need an I-864 for AOS, but I don't want to get Jason to fill out extra paperwork right now if I can avoid it, since he hates it.

How many years of tax returns are required? He got 5, but he's only earned anywhere near the poverty line for the past two years since he got promoted. Would it be bad to show those? Will they want to see them at the interview?

What else will he need to include when he sends the Affidavit to me for the interview to prove his earnings?

I apologize if any of this is avaliable in things I should have read, or have read a while back and forgot, but I really want to get this right.

Thanks in advance for your help, and good luck to all of you going through the same process.

~Synth
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 5:36 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support questions

[
So, the questions:
Where can I get the poverty line figures? I had the ones for 2003 but are there new ones in place for 2004 now? Where can either be found, as I have lost the link?
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...les/I-864p.pdf

It appear you are going to use the K-1 so it will be the I-134 there

Last edited by ray6; Jun 23rd 2004 at 5:38 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ray6
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...les/I-864p.pdf

It appear you are going to use the K-1 so it will be the I-134 there
Yes, doing the K-1, sorry, should have mentioned that.

Thanks for your help. Still need to know if that's before or after tax though...

~Synth
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 7:12 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Synthesis
Yes, doing the K-1, sorry, should have mentioned that.

Thanks for your help. Still need to know if that's before or after tax though...

~Synth
Sorry... before ...
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ray6
Sorry... before ...
Ah, fantastic! Should have enough then...
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 7:25 am
Ray

Another good site for your situation is:
http://www.visajourney.com/
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

AshB is an unknown quantity at this point

Past 3 years tax return copies should be with you. Past years earnings do not matter for poverty line. Also you should have letter from current employer stating Jason's job title, since when he is working with them and his current salary.