Wikiposts

I-129f Documentation

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:17 pm
Christian Thamer

Default I-129f Documentation

I am curious if anyone else has submitted correspondence for review that
took place almost entirely online. I have over 2,000 pages of chat and
email. I think this may be a bit much more than the immigration people want
to review. Has anyone else been through a similar situation.

Thanks
Christian

Old Dec 4th 2003, 2:08 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I-129f Documentation

hmm, we included this as well as boarding passes, dated photos (which they asked for AGAIN in the rfe) so I suggest you have a few different things.. phone bills, emails, pictures, boarding passes, passport stamps, letter of intention might be good too.

good luck..
Old Dec 4th 2003, 2:28 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Christian,

I'm sure that many people have. And I'm equally sure that many people have submitted none. Correspondance does not add much to an I-129f, except perhaps in unusual circumstance.

It does not add much, if anything, to proving that the parties have met in person in the last 2 years.

It could lend some support to the required statements of intent, and the instructions say that the petitioner can supply supporting information if they wish, but the instructions do not say that such supporting information is required.

My personal feeling is that adding this stuff, especially in copious amounts, serves only to bog down the review of petitions and add to the SC's trash disposal costs.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Christian Thamer

Thanks
Christian
Old Dec 4th 2003, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

We included three emails with dates on them, where Steve professes his love and how hard it is to live without me (etc etc)

The emails spanned two years or so.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 2:59 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Christian Thamer

Thanks
Christian
I think it would be more appropriate to bring this to the interview than to send it in with the petition.

Leslie
Old Dec 4th 2003, 4:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I submitted no internet correspondence whatsoever. Instead, I submitted boarding passes, entry stamps in my passport, phone bills showing communication for 2 years (which was not necessary but done upon the advice of my attorney), and photos of us together. The petition was approved with no problem. You might want to select just a few emails to include in your submission if they reference meeting times, dates, etc., but it's not "required".

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Dec 4th 2003, 4:24 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

As everyone else pretty much already said too, my husband and I included airplane ticket stubs and photographs of us together. I believe that was our only evidence we included. Besides of course the requested letter of intent. It may also be noted that I lived in the US on a A2 visa which probably helped show them that we would have met in person.