Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-129f Approval about to expire , no word from consulate on interview please help

Wikiposts

I-129f Approval about to expire , no word from consulate on interview please help

Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:36 pm
Amber

Default I-129f Approval about to expire , no word from consulate on interview please help

hi

my I-129f was approved, we have sent back all the packet 3 info to the
london consulate over a month ago , our I-129F says the approval
expires 12-10-04, we have not heard anything back from london. We are
sure they got all of the information, as he sent it registered, so i
think its a matter of they have not responded........ is there
anything we can or should be doing ?

Also i am going to england this friday, from Colorado to see my fiance
for christmas, and in hope of attending his interview, if we ever get
one , we were wondering if since we have information turned into the
consulate, do they automatically extend our time ? or does it just
lapse past that date and we are no longer able to try for the fiance
visa ?

ok thanks

amber

Old Nov 29th 2004, 5:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129f Approval about to expire , no word from consulate on interview please help

Hi Amber,

Usually the consulate will realize the interview is falling past the I-129F approval date, and will extend it automatically. You might want to have a note ready to give them at the interview, to the effect that you do indeed still intend to marry, and please extend the approval date. I had one ready for our interview in Ankara, Turkey, but they never asked for it. Our interview ended up happening several months past the I-129F approval date with no ill effects.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:01 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129f Approval about to expire , no word from consulate on interview please help

Originally Posted by Amber
my I-129f was approved, we have sent back all the packet 3 info to the
london consulate over a month ago , our I-129F says the approval
expires 12-10-04, we have not heard anything back from london.
The London Consulate is pretty good about returning emails. Maybe writing to them to bring it to their attention will spark an interview date. Might even be worth it to mention your impending visit in the UK.