Wikiposts

I-129F Application

Old Nov 10th 2011, 4:41 am
Just Joined

airfieldinfo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-129F Application

Hi all

I currently have an I-130 and I-129F application in process.

I am married to my USC wife and we plan to live in the US. (now both in UK).

I had an RFE on the I-129F which requested G-325a forms from us both and passport photos of us both, which were returned approx 6 weeks ago.

The case status is still showing RFE. Does this mean we are close to the end of the process as it has been 7 months now and the targets on the website say 5 months processing time?

Thanks and hope it will be soon
Derek & Bonnie
Old Nov 10th 2011, 4:46 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129F Application

Originally Posted by airfieldinfo
May I ask why you submitted both? Most likely, the I-129F will be tossed aside in favour of the I-130.

The case status is still showing RFE. Does this mean we are close to the end of the process as it has been 7 months now and the targets on the website say 5 months processing time?
The website info is wrong. If your wife submitted the I-130 to London, it's taking closer to 8-10 months these days.

Ian
Old Nov 10th 2011, 4:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am married to my USC wife and we plan to live in the US. (now both in UK).
Was your wife in the UK when she filed the I-130 and I-129F? Did she file them to an address in the USA? Did she not qualify to file the I-130 directly in the UK?

I had an RFE on the I-129F which requested G-325a forms from us both and passport photos of us both, which were returned approx 6 weeks ago.

The case status still showing RFE has no reflection on how close you are to the end of "the process".

If she filed the I-130 and I-129F to the USA, chances are high that once things move to NVC, the I-129F will be administratively tossed out, and NVC will continue on with the I-130 approval towards your Immigrant Visa (as opposed to a K-3 which the I-129F would have led to).

You should expect a normal processing time (from start to finish...filing petitions to getting visa in hand) to be 8 - 10 months, but with an RFE involved it could be longer. The target dates on the USCIS website are not very accurate, and they don't take into account an RFE which delays processing.

Rene
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:29 am
Just Joined

My wife is in the UK with me, and was not able to file here. We filed to the California SC.

It looks like we are spending Xmas here then

Derek
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:32 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We filed to the California SC.
Ah... well, it's still going to take 8-10 months.

What is your wife's status in the UK? If she's a visitor, she can't stay more than 6 months without a proper visa.

Ian
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is in the UK with me, and was not able to file here. We filed to the California SC.

It looks like we are spending Xmas here then

Derek
Oh, yes. You're still waiting for the I-130 and/or I-129F petition approvals to happen. After that, the case goes to NVC for a while (make sure your wife knows the steps through NVC...payment of fees, submitting original civil documents, submitting I-864 and supporting documents...). Then you are issued a case number starting with LND so you can book your medical. You should also be working on getting your police report. Eventually you'll be asked to fill in the Immigrant Visa forms, submit a ready checklist, and attent the visa interview.

Definitely will not have your Immigrant Visa (or K-3 visa) in hand by the holidays this year. However, if you qualify to travel on the VWP (or if you have a B-2 already in hand), you can still visit the USA, if you want to visit during the holidays.

Rene
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Oh, yes. You're still waiting for the I-130 and/or I-129F petition approvals to happen. After that, the case goes to NVC for a while (make sure your wife knows the steps through NVC...payment of fees, submitting original civil documents, submitting I-864 and supporting documents...). Then you are issued a case number starting with LND so you can book your medical. You should also be working on getting your police report. Eventually you'll be asked to fill in the Immigrant Visa forms, submit a ready checklist, and attent the visa interview.

Definitely will not have your Immigrant Visa (or K-3 visa) in hand by the holidays this year. However, if you qualify to travel on the VWP (or if you have a B-2 already in hand), you can still visit the USA, if you want to visit during the holidays.

Rene
After that, the case goes to NVC for a while (make sure your wife knows the steps through NVC...payment of fees, submitting original civil documents, submitting I-864 and supporting documents...).

We have already paid the fees and submitted marriage cert and divorce papers, what else will they need?

Derek
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

After that, the case goes to NVC for a while (make sure your wife knows the steps through NVC...payment of fees, submitting original civil documents, submitting I-864 and supporting documents...).

We have already paid the fees and submitted marriage cert and divorce papers, what else will they need?

Derek
You have paid the fees for the I-130 itself. You will have to pay the fee for the adjudication of the I-864 affidavit of support.

You will need a great many documents before you can obtain an interview at the US Consulate, i.e. police clearance certificate, medical by an approved panel physician, long form birth certificate, military records if applicable, etc.

Read up on the wiki or visit the US Consulate's London website.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:19 am

Derek
If you are still waiting for an I-130 approval (never mind the I-129F for now), then you are not yet at the NVC stage I was talking about.

You've paid the fee for filing the I-130. There are more fees along the way.

You submitted marriage certificate and divorce decrees (supposedly and hopefully photocopies of the originals) along with the I-130 package. NVC will want you to send them the ORIGINAL marriage certificate, divorce decree, long form birth certificate, and police report (and perhaps other original documents). You will get these back at or after your visa interview.

Rene
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:27 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

As Rete said, you have paid the fee for processing the I-130, you have yet to pay the fee for processing the I-864 Affidavit of Support. You have also yet to pay the fee for processing the DS-230 visa application and the security surcharge that goes with it.

See the NVC Immigrant Visa Processing web pages at travel.state.gov to find out how you will pay those fees, what documents you will have to submit to the NVC, and how you will submit them.

Regards, JEff

Derek