Wikiposts

I-129f

Old Nov 20th 2004, 2:28 am
NPC
Just Joined

NPC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-129f

I was just wondering if anybody knew what kind of time scale I should expect for the processing of "I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé" and "Application for Employment Authorization" forms? I have looked on www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/fiance.htm but there is no indication of timescales, as it will vary with each individual's circumstances.

What sort time scale should I expect. I have no criminal record and hold a valid C1/D US Visa after working on cruise ships out of US ports. I would be extremley gratefull for any information.

Thanks,

Neil
Old Nov 20th 2004, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129f

Mine took 7 months for the K-1. You can get a temporary EAD 90 days after you apply if you haven't got a "real" one. There seems to be no consistant timescale though.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 2:57 am
NPC
Just Joined

NPC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Duncan:

Thanks for the quick reply! Once I have sent the I-129F document and Application for Employment Authorization if I havn't recieved anything within 90 days I can get a temporary 'work visa'?

Neil
Old Nov 20th 2004, 3:03 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NPC
Hello Duncan:

Thanks for the quick reply! Once I have sent the I-129F document and Application for Employment Authorization if I havn't recieved anything within 90 days I can get a temporary 'work visa'?

Neil
You can't apply for work authorisation until you have activated the K1 visa which you get from the I129f and are in the US. After you have waited more than 90 days for the work authorisation you can apply for a temporary work visa. Only JFK was giving 90 day stamps to allow you to work on entry into the US, but before you can work you'll need a SSN which can take a while too! Welcome to the US immigration system........