Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-129 - K3 application processing times?

I-129 - K3 application processing times?

Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

sunnylondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-129 - K3 application processing times?

Hi there, I'm keeping track of the processing times at the California processing center.

They've stated that they update the times monthly on the US Citizens and Immigration Website however, they still don't seem to have done so?

Does anyone know whether the processing times are actually updated monthly? Or are they usually delayed in doing this?

Does reflect the speed in which they are getting through the applications? Are the processing times generally an accurate reflection in how long it will take?

Sorry, quite a few queries - hope thats ok... Many thanks!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129 - K3 application processing times?

Originally Posted by sunnylondon
Hi there, I'm keeping track of the processing times at the California processing center.

They've stated that they update the times monthly on the US Citizens and Immigration Website however, they still don't seem to have done so?

Does anyone know whether the processing times are actually updated monthly? Or are they usually delayed in doing this?

Does reflect the speed in which they are getting through the applications? Are the processing times generally an accurate reflection in how long it will take?

Sorry, quite a few queries - hope thats ok... Many thanks!
Hi sunny,

The processing times aren't very reliable. Sometimes they are updated, sometimes not. Sometimes it reflects what USCIS predicts will happen (i.e., we predict it won't take longer than 6 months), sometimes it is the date of the oldest file on the shelf. The posted processing times only gives you a very rough estimate of how long it *might* take to adjudicate...up to 6 months, maybe...but of course your particular file could take shorter or longer than that.

I'm sure Ian will be along with his favorite quote reqarding processing times.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm keeping track of the processing times at the California processing center.
Following the processing dates is the first step on the road to madness.

Believing that those processing dates are accurate is the second step on the road to madness.

I won't scare you by telling you what the third and final step is. Suffice to say that powerful men and women have been reduced to quivering masses of jelly.

Ian
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

sunnylondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Following the processing dates is the first step on the road to madness.

Believing that those processing dates are accurate is the second step on the road to madness.

I won't scare you by telling you what the third and final step is. Suffice to say that powerful men and women have been reduced to quivering masses of jelly.

Ian
Oh dear. Thank you though - its good to get a reality check. So there is no other way of keeping track I guess?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear. Thank you though - its good to get a reality check. So there is no other way of keeping track I guess?
Not really. The posted dates are just a vague idea, and you can try comparing your case with another similar case who filed around the same time you did, but again all cases are different, and if theirs gets approved in 4 months, it doesn't necessarily mean yours will. However, comparing your case with other similar cases in real life is a tad better than following the online processing dates.

Rene
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, they are not reliable. It is said over and over again that the timeline offered on the USCIS website is a generalization and not accurate nor to be relied upon.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:14 am
Just Joined

puddlejumper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I'm a new user and this forum has already been tremendously helpful. I've read about the generalization in the processing times that USCIS puts out and now mindful of not taking them to heart. However, if I were to check it from time to time, should I be using my received date or my notice date to determine these vague and unhelpful timeframes?

Thanks!

*josie
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by puddlejumper
Hello,

I'm a new user and this forum has already been tremendously helpful. I've read about the generalization in the processing times that USCIS puts out and now mindful of not taking them to heart. However, if I were to check it from time to time, should I be using my received date or my notice date to determine these vague and unhelpful timeframes?

Thanks!

*josie
Received Date. That's the date they received your petition (supposedly).

The Notice Date is the date they created the paper notice (supposedly).

Those two dates shouldn't be too far off from each other anyway.

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

However, if I were to check it from time to time...
You're cute; I like your style. Welcome!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Thanks!

*josie
Hi:

You will notice a quirk on the notices. The initial notice will have the date of actual receipt and the notice date. Subsequent notices will have that initial notice date as the received date.

So, once you get the first I-797 [aka NOA#1 on this forum], use the "notice date" since that is the date the thing got into the system.

This is a result of the fact that the original data tracking system from many many government contractors ago was based upon the notion that the applications were entered into the system on the day of actual receipt. When that stopped being the case, there was a quick and dirty fix for the initial NOA only.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info! But there is a ONE MONTH! discrepancy between my (I-130) received date, 01/17/2008 and my notice date, 02/22/2008. I believe that discrepancy is called "Chicago Lockbox Hell". Sigh.

My I-129F for spouses was much quicker: received date, 03/03/2008, notice date, 03/11/2008. Since the processing dates are pretty much the same for both the 130 and the 129F, it'll be interesting to see which one will get approved of first.

Thanks again...really happy to have found a place to wait during this limbo!

*josie
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Okay. i don't have a real question but just needed to vent a bit. The April processing times are out for CSC and how can they go from 9/5/07 (for I-130s) BACKWARDS to 8/19/07???? USCIS is now just playing with my emotions.

At least the I-129s moved up a month and some change (er, exactly six weeks but who's counting?).

And yes, if I heeded any advice on the forums, I would NOT be looking at them anyway and taking them seriously. But after this, I think I finally learned my lesson.

Sigh.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:55 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info! But there is a ONE MONTH! discrepancy between my (I-130) received date, 01/17/2008 and my notice date, 02/22/2008. I believe that discrepancy is called "Chicago Lockbox Hell". Sigh.

My I-129F for spouses was much quicker: received date, 03/03/2008, notice date, 03/11/2008. Since the processing dates are pretty much the same for both the 130 and the 129F, it'll be interesting to see which one will get approved of first.

Thanks again...really happy to have found a place to wait during this limbo!

*josie
Hi Josie

I'm in a similar position but with Vermont. We filed 9th November but didn't get inputted onto the system until January. We then filed our K-3 and have a receipt date for 22nd January for that.

I-130's didn't appear to move at all this month, after going backwards last month. K-3's did move forward a month. My initial reaction to these updates is to get frustrated and very upset. We've been waiting for 6 months with no movement on our files.

The experiences of those who have gone before us, like Ian would seem to be true. Forget the processing times, they just mess with our heads.

Remember this too shall pass (eventually).

Hang in there

Lyn
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:56 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

USCIS is now just playing with my emotions.
Yes! You've got it now. It is entirely personal with them.

Why do you care about the I-130 processing dates? You've set your new priority date with the I-129f.
Maybe.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:28 am

Okay. i don't have a real question but just needed to vent a bit. The April processing times are out for CSC and how can they go from 9/5/07 (for I-130s) BACKWARDS to 8/19/07???? USCIS is now just playing with my emotions.
Because they suddenly found a file with an older date on the shelf, and are using that as the basis for the processing dates. The posted processing dates are either:

The amount of time USCIS *hopes* to process in; or
The date of the oldest file on the shelf.

Looks like in this case they unearthed an older one, thus the date slipped backwards. That's why they aren't reliable.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.