Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Husband's out of the country job

Husband's out of the country job

Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:45 pm
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Husband's out of the country job

Last year I filled for Naturalization. I just got letter with scheduled interview for September 4th. I am very excited!!!
I have one question. I am filing based on marriage. A few months ago my husband got sent with his job to Seoul, South Korea. He is going to stay there till February 2008. I am a flight attendant, so I am able to fly to SK and visit him for 10 - 14 days at a time every other month.
Should I mention the fact my husband is temporarily out of the country during my interview? What will they think about it? He formally resides our apartment, just temporarily lives somewhere else.

Thank you for your help!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband's out of the country job

Originally Posted by ania
Last year I filled for Naturalization. I just got letter with scheduled interview for September 4th. I am very excited!!!
I have one question. I am filing based on marriage. A few months ago my husband got sent with his job to Seoul, South Korea. He is going to stay there till February 2008. I am a flight attendant, so I am able to fly to SK and visit him for 10 - 14 days at a time every other month.
Should I mention the fact my husband is temporarily out of the country during my interview? What will they think about it? He formally resides our apartment, just temporarily lives somewhere else.

Thank you for your help!
I don't think you need to mention it unless they ask you something specifically about where your husband is working at the time. There's nothing wrong with a spouse taking a temporary work assignment in another location.

Rene