Husband's K-3 interview hell

Wikiposts

Husband's K-3 interview hell

Old May 21st 2004, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

coloradogirl is on a distinguished road
Default Husband's K-3 interview hell

Popping in again with my new news...

My husband had his K-3 interview yesterday and from what he said the woman interviewer he had disliked him immediately. All our papers were in order. She asked the usual questions, how did you meet, when did you get married, how many times had I been there, etc. etc. Then said, well, your wife is older than you.
I don't believe you love each other. Why did you marry her? How many times a month do you call her? When he said he calls me twice a month because it's so expensive, she broke him off when he wanted to show her all the phone calls from ME. She didn't want to see all my plane ticket stuff from all my visits or our email exchanges, she looked at only a few of the photos he took with him. He thinks she was trying to provoke him but he said he kept his cool because he sensed immediately she disliked him. In the end she gave him back his passport and told him to leave that she needed to study our file and someone would be calling him.

After he called me with this news, I had emailed a friend in Rabat who told me he had the same interviewer and his visa was denied because she told him, 'the usa doesn't need anymore of your kind there'. And a friend of mine in CA, his wife had the same interviewer and she left in tears without her visa, although she got it 2 weeks later. We are all certain it's the same woman as she is asian, and her behaviour and appearance fits the description of all 3 experiences.

I understand with all that is going on in that part of the world today, for stricter rules and scrutiny, but I don't believe it warrants rude behaviour on the parts of the USC's working in the consulates and embassies abroad.

It's nobody's business what the age difference is and we are not children. My husband asked me to write to the consulate to tell of this womans' behavior, but I don't dare. I'm sure they side with their own, and I wasn't there to see anything first hand. But is it even legal to judge one's visa based on age difference? Or was she just having one of those perpetual bad days I hear about on here.... Ok, I know you're all dying to know.... it's 14 years ok??

Don't know what's going to happen, and he's so distraught, we've been on the phone 4 times today already and sent a volley of emails. He assures me: ' je suis toujours optimiste', (I am always optimistic) but he sounds so down...

Well, gang, thanks for reading! I'll be back when I hear more.
cg
Old May 21st 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Husband's K-3 interview hell

somehow this is part why I think that the US Citizen petitioning should be present for interviews. It just shows your interest and how important this is to you that you had to fly over there specifically for the interview. I bet if you had been there, the outcome could have been different.

The only consulate I would personally feel comfortable sending my better half alone to the interview is UK....since they seem so "easy"

Anyway, good luck and keep the fight.
Old May 21st 2004, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

lulusmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by coloradogirl

My husband had his K-3 interview yesterday and from what he said the woman interviewer he had disliked him immediately. All our papers were in order. She asked the usual questions, how did you meet, when did you get married, how many times had I been there, etc. etc. Then said, well, your wife is older than you.
I don't believe you love each other. Why did you marry her? How many times a month do you call her? When he said he calls me twice a month because it's so expensive, she broke him off when he wanted to show her all the phone calls from ME. She didn't want to see all my plane ticket stuff from all my visits or our email exchanges, she looked at only a few of the photos he took with him. He thinks she was trying to provoke him but he said he kept his cool because he sensed immediately she disliked him. In the end she gave him back his passport and told him to leave that she needed to study our file and someone would be calling him.

After he called me with this news, I had emailed a friend in Rabat who told me he had the same interviewer and his visa was denied because she told him, 'the usa doesn't need anymore of your kind there'. And a friend of mine in CA, his wife had the same interviewer and she left in tears without her visa, although she got it 2 weeks later. We are all certain it's the same woman as she is asian, and her behaviour and appearance fits the description of all 3 experiences.

I understand with all that is going on in that part of the world today, for stricter rules and scrutiny, but I don't believe it warrants rude behaviour on the parts of the USC's working in the consulates and embassies abroad.

It's nobody's business what the age difference is and we are not children. My husband asked me to write to the consulate to tell of this womans' behavior, but I don't dare. I'm sure they side with their own, and I wasn't there to see anything first hand. But is it even legal to judge one's visa based on age difference? Or was she just having one of those perpetual bad days I hear about on here.... Ok, I know you're all dying to know.... it's 14 years ok??

Don't know what's going to happen, and he's so distraught, we've been on the phone 4 times today already and sent a volley of emails. He assures me: ' je suis toujours optimiste', (I am always optimistic) but he sounds so down...

cg
Sorry to hear about the bad interview. I hope that in the end it all washes out and he will get his visa.
Stay optimistic, my sweet friend.....

Hugs,
~k
Old May 21st 2004, 11:43 am
Banned

Katie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Colorado girl.

I am sorry to read of your husband's experience at the consulate in Casablanca. Hopefully, the consulate staff is only conducting the standard admin processing and that things are not as bad as the interviewer indicated.

The day that my husband had his interview, there was an Asian woman "interviewing" (and I use that term loosely) visitor visa applicants. According to my husband, she denied each visa by saying, "No visa," when the applicant approached the window and then waved the person away. My husband was getting freaked out just sitting there watching her. He said that she seemed really rude.

Again, I hope your husband gets his visa soon.

Best wishes,
Katie
Old May 21st 2004, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Coloradogirl.......
Im not here very much, but today I thought I would check to see whats going on here..and ran across your post. My husband and I went through the same consulate and had the same interviewer. She gave us problems and lies. We did write letters to complain about this woman and to our surprise things went very fast after the complaint. Here is some of the letter my brother sent on our behalf. Also……you can search my name to see the time we had with the Moroccan embassy. Best of wishes to you both. God Bless. BTW- I never got a response when I wrote letters..Only my brother was able to get a response…and within a 1day the ball started rolling. You can email me also if you want to know more

Dear Ambassador Thomas T. Riley: I am the brother of It has come to my attention that one of your staff at the consulate has provided false information or at least inaccurate information to a Congressman I would like the issue looked into immediately. I will be contacting Congressman office, Secretary Powell's office as well as President Bush's office to report and inquire of the matter.

During the interview, Mr. was treated with disrespect by the interviewing official and her apparent disregard for Mr. and possibly all Moroccan citizens is inexcusable. It was witnessed that the interviewer was abusive to at least one other individual on January 20, 2004.
I suggest this matter be looked into immediately. I am both disappointed with the treatment of Mr. and the disregard for the union of Mr. and Mrs. as well as outraged and the blatant disrespect of your staff toward Mr. and possibly other Moroccan nationals.
Old May 21st 2004, 5:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Colorado girl....

I'm sorry your husband had such a bad interview. From what I've read on this forum, many Moroccans have the same problems. I hope yours gets solved soon.

Just for the record, my Iranian husband and I are also 14 years apart in age (I'm older). He came to the states last month on a K-1 visa. I was in Ankara for his interview. No one made any comment on age whatsoever at the interview, but when we got to the POE in New York and the officer opened the "mysterious brown envelope", right on top of everything written in big letters, with a bright red marker, were the words "14 YEAR AGE DIFFERENCE" and circled!! I thought that was interesting....but it didn't stop him getting his visa

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 21st 2004, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

masri is an unknown quantity at this point

Coloradogirl,

I too am sorry to hear of your troubles at the Consulate. My wife went through a similar situation at the Cairo consulate. It seems manners and respect are not part of training for CO's in that part of the world.

I agree with Alicia, contact the Consulate and complain, even if you do not receive a reply, you are sure that at least your complain was noted. Also contact your congressman or senator. After my wife's ordeal, I contacted my senator and he then sent an inquiry to Cairo, State Department and Department of Homeland Security.

Best of luck; May God be with you and your husband.

Mohamed
Old May 22nd 2004, 2:51 am
AlphaTrion-TJW

Sometimes I wonder is the INS makes a goal of hiring racist narrowed minded
assholes.

--
Toby & Antoinette Woods
~~~ http://www.woodsfamily.cjb.net ~~~

Old May 22nd 2004, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

coloradogirl is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for your support and good wishes. Although sad, it's a relief to hear others had problems with this same interviewer, and when I tell my husband I suppose he'll be a bit relieved that he wasn't singled out.

I wanted to be there for the interview but we decided I would stay here to save money, oh well....

Insha allah, we'll be together soon.

Thanks again for your support, I feel better having read all your replies.

cg
Old May 22nd 2004, 3:45 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

This woman is a colossal twat. She is the same one that interviewed my husband. She plays games and "loses" paperwork.

However, ultimately she can't deny the visa without reason. Be patient and provide whatever they ask for, even if you've already given it to them.

Good luck.

Leslie

Originally posted by coloradogirl

cg
Old May 22nd 2004, 3:52 am
Banned

Katie is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted to be there for the interview but we decided I would stay here to save money, oh well....

Don't beat yourself because you were not there for the interview; your presence probably would not have made a difference. I went to Casablanca for my husband's interview, but I was not allowed into the visa section of the consulate. I just waited in an outside waiting room for 4 hours.

Best wishes,
Katie
Old May 22nd 2004, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

On the subject of age difference, would I be right in saying that they are much more concerned with the wife being older than the husband? There are 14 years between JB and myself (I'm 32, he's 46).

I didn't see that as a problem - does anyone else?

Kath