Wikiposts

Husband still in US

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband still in US

Originally Posted by Dave_Was
Hey Emma,

My understanding is that you pretty much can't sponsor anyone when you have a green card and you have to wait till your a citizen for that.

I maybe wrong on the family being able to provide support in the UK though. Please do check on that.

Good Luck.
no that's not what I meant... my family are UK citizens, I am also a UK citizen. I can sponsor a US citizen moving to the UK who is my husband.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
no that's not what I meant... my family are UK citizens, I am also a UK citizen. I can sponsor a US citizen moving to the UK who is my husband.
I didn't express myself clearly and I hope it's a little better explained here. I understand your situation in the UK. As a UK citizen, you can sponsor your spouse to come to the UK, that is not in question at all.

I'm sorry about the confusing post, I didn't sleep well last night and shouldn't really be posting without a clear head.

My comments about the Green card holder sponsorship, was in response to the quote below..

Originally Posted by Emma M
...... and I know that if I had got my green card I wouldn't have been able to sponsor my brother coming over to me, for instance....
My point was in the US sponsoring someone can't really be done easily when on a GC.

Anyway most important thing is that I think that you are clear on what's going on.

Good luck.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't aware that co-sponsorship to the UK was an option. That said, I have not searched specifically, it's just not something I have seen.

You have to be able to sponsor to a level whereby the State deems you not at risk of being dependent on public funds. That can include wages, property and cash assests.

If you can prove yourself eligible I understand the process is still simple and fairly quick - weeks, not months/years like to the US. It's gone up a bit price wise though

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/new...lement/spouses
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave_Was
I didn't express myself clearly and I hope it's a little better explained here. I understand your situation in the UK. As a UK citizen, you can sponsor your spouse to come to the UK, that is not in question at all.

I'm sorry about the confusing post, I didn't sleep well last night and shouldn't really be posting without a clear head.

My comments about the Green card holder sponsorship, was in response to the quote below..

My point was in the US sponsoring someone can't really be done easily when on a GC.

Anyway most important thing is that I think that you are clear on what's going on.

Good luck.
Ah yeah, lol. At the time of writing a reply to you I was pig sick and weary after a bit of a row, shouldn't post when I'm uptight, lol! OK, well thanks for your advice Dave
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Hi Emma, crossing my fingers for you to get it sorted out asap.

I am glad that you have your mum around to give you some support whilst you are sorting through all the paperwork and the list of things you have to do to get your husband over.

Keep him busy at his end as well, it will help his depression if he has something to take his mind off missing you.