Reload this Page >

Husband 's immigrant visa denied ;(

Wikiposts

Husband 's immigrant visa denied ;(

Old Sep 19th 2015, 8:13 am
Just Joined

msuite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Husband 's immigrant visa denied ;(

Okay so Thursday my husband and I went to the US emabassey in London for his immigrant visa interview.We were denied because of lack of funds for the affadvit of support.I was dumb and believed that because I made over the 125% poverty amount in the Uk,$25,000 in savings and a letter from a previous employer saying shed like to interview me again soon as I got back in town, that we would be granted the visa.He said go home call your family and get a Co sponsor and then send their forms and evidence in and then we will issue your visa.Well I was quite emotional and didn't think to ask the right questions at the time.I know i have no family members or close friends who will be willing or even able to co sponsor.So finally to my question,am I able to go home secure a job work a few months and then send that in as evidence with a new affadvit of support? I am willing to do anything to make it so we can live together back in the USA . I just do not know if they will accept that or once I move back have to start a whole new application back home?Thanks for any advice any one is able to give
Old Sep 19th 2015, 8:19 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband 's immigrant visa denied ;(

Originally Posted by msuite
..... So finally to my question,am I able to go home secure a job work a few months and then send that in as evidence with a new affadvit of support? I am willing to do anything to make it so we can live together back in the USA . I just do not know if they will accept that or once I move back have to start a whole new application back home?Thanks for any advice any one is able to give
Yes that is the best, or indeed likely the only way for you to proceed, under your circumstances. So long as you do so within 12 months you should be able to continue with your current visa application.

You appear to have not understood that for your income to be valid for your affidavit of support it must continue after your spouse relocates to the US. A promise of a job, or worse a promise of an interview, is not sufficient, and never would have been.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 19th 2015 at 8:22 am.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply Pulaski.Do you know if I would be apply to supply new evidence for the current application that is sitting in the U.S. Embassy in London,or I would need to restart the application once I get to America?
Old Sep 19th 2015, 8:38 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply Pulaski.Do you know if I would be apply to supply new evidence for the current application that is sitting in the U.S. Embassy in London,or I would need to restart the application once I get to America?
See the second sentence of my answer above.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 8:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Your case was given a "soft denial", which means the embassy needs something more from you in order to approve the visa.

The joint sponsor does not have to be a family member or close friend. It can be any USC, living in the USA, age 18+, who meets the financial criteria.

If you don't know anyone like that, then yes, you will need to come to the USA and work for a couple of months and then submit a new I-864. You don't have to start the whole process all over.

Rene
Old Sep 19th 2015, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much Noorah 101 for your help! Do you think 2 months of wage slips would be sufficient enough? My husbands 6 month medical actually runs out the 31st of January which doesn't leave a lot of time before then? Otherwise he would just have to have a new medical exam,thank you again!
Old Sep 19th 2015, 9:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'd say just a few pay stubs should be sufficient.

Rene
Old Sep 19th 2015, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think 2 months of wage slips would be sufficient enough?
In addition to the pay slips, you should get a signed letter from your employer indicating that you have a full-time position and stating what your annual salary is... not your take-home salary, but the gross salary before taxes.

Ian
Old Sep 20th 2015, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
In addition to the pay slips, you should get a signed letter from your employer indicating that you have a full-time position and stating what your annual salary is... not your take-home salary, but the gross salary before taxes. ....
The job offer letter should include all the relevant information, so she could keep that safe use that, assuming her pay and conditions don't change before she submits the new I-864.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 1:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Joint Sponsors cam also be LPRS's, joint sponsor would be the quickest solution.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Boiler
Joint Sponsors cam also be LPRS's, joint sponsor would be the quickest solution.
She said in #1 that she has nobody to ask, so unless you're willing to step up, that avenue is closed to her.