Wikiposts

husband returned to US

Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:18 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: husband returned to US

Originally Posted by mstracy
ILR (indefinite leave to remain), I don't know about now, but when my wife and I were married four years ago, it was a walk-in service at the British embassy (we used New York) and we walked away with her passport stamped and ready to go.

Mark

I know you can call and ask them. I called the Atlanta Consulate (closest one to me) 5 years ago when I was the one who was going to move to the UK.
Broma, it's no fun doing the seperation bit, been there, done that for over 3 years of marriage. Our delay at being together, was 1/3 bad info from local INS folks here and 2/3 financial reasons. Keep your chin up!
Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mstracy
ILR (indefinite leave to remain), I don't know about now, but when my wife and I were married four years ago, it was a walk-in service at the British embassy (we used New York) and we walked away with her passport stamped and ready to go.

Mark
They do warn on the web site that not all Visas can be issued the same day.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:34 am

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boiler
They do warn on the web site that not all Visas can be issued the same day.
My wife's wasn't because we went there soon after getting married and didn't realise that we needed to have our marriage certificate certified. We ended up hiring a car and driving back to Indianapolis from Chicago (we had previously flown up there), getting our certificate certification expedited, and driving back to Chicago. Back in the consulate the next day and we got her visa.

You need to make sure you have all the documents you need before going in if you want it the same day, including all the financial requirements.