husband overstayed, AOS in process but wants to go home for funeral

Wikiposts

husband overstayed, AOS in process but wants to go home for funeral

Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:24 am
Just Joined

jennylynne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default husband overstayed, AOS in process but wants to go home for funeral

Hi everyone...

My husband and I are waiting for his AOS to be approved....but yesterday he found out his aunt passed away. We don't have AP because he overstayed. He would love to be able to go home for the funeral, is there anyway he can be granted ONE emergency visit? Is there anything we can do?

Thanks for any help..

Jenny
Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: husband overstayed, AOS in process but wants to go home for funeral

Originally Posted by jennylynne
Hi everyone...

My husband and I are waiting for his AOS to be approved....but yesterday he found out his aunt passed away. We don't have AP because he overstayed. He would love to be able to go home for the funeral, is there anyway he can be granted ONE emergency visit? Is there anything we can do?

Thanks for any help..

Jenny
He is free to go to the funeral if he doesn't mind the 3/10 year ban that will go along with it. With an overstay he doesn't have too many options:

Option 1: Miss the funeral
Option 2: Not being able to enter the U.S. for 3/10 years (depending upon the length of the overstay).
Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
He is free to go to the funeral if he doesn't mind the 3/10 year ban that will go along with it. With an overstay he doesn't have too many options:

Option 1: Miss the funeral
Option 2: Not being able to enter the U.S. for 3/10 years (depending upon the length of the overstay).

Thanks, that's what I thought. So there's nothing we can do.

Jen
Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, that's what I thought. So there's nothing we can do.

Jen
I am afraid not. Sorry for your husband's loss.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

How long did he overstay? The bans only kick in after 180 days, right?
Even if he stayed less than that I wouldn't risk it - especially not without AP...
Sorry for his loss.

Elaine
Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:58 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone...

Thanks for any help..

Jenny
Hi:

You don't give enough facts to determine if he is subject to the 3/10 year overstay bar.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

You don't give enough facts to determine if he is subject to the 3/10 year overstay bar.
Thank you everyone. My husband overstayed way too long (a year and a half). He would be banned for 10 years.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi:

Can you provide an example where someone would not face a 3/10 year ban for an overstay?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:34 am
Account Closed

Thank you everyone. My husband overstayed way too long (a year and a half). He would be banned for 10 years.
Hi:

Overstayed WHAT?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 4:19 am
Just Joined

Hi:

Overstayed WHAT?
His vistors visa.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 4:21 am
Just Joined

His vistors visa.
My question is not is he will be banned and for how long. My question is...without AP, is there any way that he could be granted and emercency visit. I understand that no, he cannot. Thank you.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 5:36 am
Account Closed

His vistors visa.
Hi:

Was he Canadian perchance?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi:

Was he Canadian perchance?
I believe he is Irish.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
I believe he is Irish.
Out of curiosity, what difference would whether or not he is Canadian make?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andrea874
Out of curiosity, what difference would whether or not he is Canadian make?
No record of overstay perhaps?

Entry of Citizens of Canada

Citizens of Canada are exempt from the visa and passport requirement of Immigration and Nationality Act (section 212(a)(7).) To enter the United States, a Canadian citizen must be able to establish both identity and citizenship. Documents that may establish citizenship are: birth certificate, citizenship certificate, and passport. Although the officer may accept an oral declaration of citizenship, it is recommended that a Canadian citizen carry a document that establishes citizenship. Under current procedures, all travelers may be required to present photo-identification. NOTE: A Canadian citizen arriving from outside the Western Hemisphere is required to present a passport. Canadian citizens classified as Treaty Trader, Treaty Investor, or Fiancé(e) require a visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.