Reload this Page >

Husband is here - POE Boston

Husband is here - POE Boston

Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:38 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Husband is here - POE Boston

Hi Everyone...

Well, my husband has arrived on his CR-1 visa last night. The POE experience was quite painless and the people at Logan Airport Immigration were very friendly. He was off the plane and out of there in 1 hour.

They didn't ask him any questions, he just handed in his paperwork and they stamped his passport. They told him that the visa was good for 2 years (then we have to do removal of conditions), and they told him that the I-551 stamp was good for 9 months, and that he should receive his green card in 3-9 months.

I was really happy to hear it was painless - I was imagining all sorts of horrors going on back there while I was waiting for him.

The only thing - they didn't ask for his x-rays, and he didn't offer them. What should we do about this? Mail them someplace?

Thanks to all that post here, as I said before, I don't think things would have gone so smoothly if it weren't for this board. Of course I'll update with next steps, such as SS#.

Kim
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:46 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband is here - POE Boston

Originally posted by KimJ
Hi Everyone...

Well, my husband has arrived on his CR-1 visa last night. The POE experience was quite painless and the people at Logan Airport Immigration were very friendly. He was off the plane and out of there in 1 hour.

They didn't ask him any questions, he just handed in his paperwork and they stamped his passport. They told him that the visa was good for 2 years (then we have to do removal of conditions), and they told him that the I-551 stamp was good for 9 months, and that he should receive his green card in 3-9 months.

I was really happy to hear it was painless - I was imagining all sorts of horrors going on back there while I was waiting for him.

The only thing - they didn't ask for his x-rays, and he didn't offer them. What should we do about this? Mail them someplace?

Thanks to all that post here, as I said before, I don't think things would have gone so smoothly if it weren't for this board. Of course I'll update with next steps, such as SS#.

Kim
Congrats Kim!!! Hopefully we'll be in your shoes in less than 6 months. London is working on apps from May right now. We just got back the proof of mailing from St Louis for the 65 bucks so should get the next mailing soon.
They never asked for my husband's X rays either OR the "mysterious brown envelope, he came through Newark twice last year on the K3. Apparently it is not unusual that they don't ask to see Xrays. I guess they could just be a souvenir, .
Old Sep 1st 2004, 4:56 pm
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm flying to the US on September the 25th and my POE will be Boston too. The lady at the Embassy here in Brussels told me that I don't have to keep the X-rays with me but I can just put them in the baggage that I check in. The only things required with me are my passport and the sealed brown envelope.

She told me to keep the X-rays with me for a year... That's all.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:15 pm
Queen of the Obvious

Originally Posted by Noortje
Hi, I'm flying to the US on September the 25th and my POE will be Boston too. The lady at the Embassy here in Brussels told me that I don't have to keep the X-rays with me but I can just put them in the baggage that I check in. The only things required with me are my passport and the sealed brown envelope.

She told me to keep the X-rays with me for a year... That's all.
Thanks for the info... I was wondering why they didn't ask for them when he arrived.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:37 pm
Tod's Princess

Originally Posted by KimJ
Thanks for the info... I was wondering why they didn't ask for them when he arrived.
You are welcome for sure!
I am still reluctant to put the X-rays in my baggage though... What if they ask for it...
Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:40 pm
Queen of the Obvious

Originally Posted by Noortje
You are welcome for sure!
I am still reluctant to put the X-rays in my baggage though... What if they ask for it...
Yeah - maybe it wouldn't hurt to juggle them around with the rest of your life that you are bringing with you...
Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:47 pm
Tod's Princess

Yeah - maybe it wouldn't hurt to juggle them around with the rest of your life that you are bringing with you...

Picturing that in my head is pretty funny.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 9:18 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone...

Kim

Woooo!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am glad to hear your hubby is there with you!!! PARTY TIME!!!
As for the X-ray.. don't worry, you don't need to send it anywhere

Ps: You are gonna save a bunch of money on the phone bills LOL.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:14 pm
Queen of the Obvious

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Woooo!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am glad to hear your hubby is there with you!!! PARTY TIME!!!
As for the X-ray.. don't worry, you don't need to send it anywhere

Ps: You are gonna save a bunch of money on the phone bills LOL.
This is the last month to pay a very large phone bill. I'm really looking forward to having that $ back in my wallet! Besides the fact that it's so much nicer to talk to him in person rather than on the phone every day!