Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Husband has interview in Morocco

Wikiposts

Husband has interview in Morocco

Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:01 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by saidsgirl
Hi Leslie...

It is a good thread, isn't it? It's the Specifically Morocco Thread, and that's GREAT!! We need more of those here

But truly, welcome. I hope we can all be helpful to each other. I am doing a K-1 Fiance Visa so I think I'm a little different than most of you. It would have been great to get married in Morocco, but time did not permit that.

Peace,
~kristine
Kristine,
Thank you so much. I hope all goes well for you with the K-1. Actually the K-1 Fiance visa was my first choice, but it really meant a lot to my husband to get married in Morocco and include his family in that whole process. It was a major hassle getting all the paperwork required to be married there and it took all of three weeks, and cost a small fortune. But, with that said it was the most wonderful three weeks of my life. Anyway, you may be better off in the long run with the K-1, it's hard to say. Didn't you love the Moroccan people?

Leslie
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:10 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Kristine
It's the Specifically Morocco Thread with some Egyptian and Iranian thrown in for good measure... LOL

Interesting to compare notes from all the Middle Eastern cultures :-) By the way, is Morocco considered the Middle East? Culturally perhaps, but not geographically....? Educate me! :-)

Rene
Hi Rene,
No Morocco is not considered Middle-Eastern. It is a Northern African Country. However, it is a Muslim country with a large Arab and Berber population. Arabic is the national language. Culturally, Morocco has been a very heavily influenced by the French and European culture in general and French is spoken almost as much as Arabic. Morocco in it's heart is definitely Muslim and they relate very well to the whole Middle-Eastern experience. That is why sometimes Morocco is perceived as Middle Eastern. I find it all very interesting.

Thanks,
Leslie
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Leslie...

I love Morocco so much!!! I tell Said that I would live there if anything goes awry with this visa. It is so beautiful there and the people are so kind. We were in Meknes, which is north, near the mountains, so it is different than Marrakesh. I didn't go to Marrakesh, because we stayed mostly near home. It was mainly a time to get to know each other better, and his family, and spend time in that way rather than sightseeing. We'll do that another time.

I hope that things will move along quicker now that we have had our approval through Texas....that was the longest 5 months of my life!!!!

Smiles,
~kristine
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:17 am
WTF?

Leslie...

I love Morocco so much!!! I tell Said that I would live there if anything goes awry with this visa............

Smiles,
~kristine [/QUOTE]

Kristine,

That is so weird, I told Khalid exactly the same thing. It really had the same effect on me. It's a magical country I think. We didn't get to your neck of the woods either. We did go to Casa, Rabat, and some smaller towns near Marakesh. We had to go to Casa and Rabat because of the requirements for the marriage license. My favorite of course was Marakesh, because that is his home.

Stay in touch,
Leslie
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Leslie....

My email is [email protected]

I'd love to write back and forth. It's so great to make new friendships on the net.

Drop me an email!!

Peace,
~k
Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Leslie and everyone,
Thanks for clarifying a bit about Morocco. That's high on my list of countries to visit! I also find it all fascinating how different cultures tie in together around the world. :-)

Just also wanted to say I can relate to the not-sightseeing part of visiting your sweetheart's country. In February, I spent 3 weeks in Istanbul just to get to know Sadegh and his lifestyle better. We did go out of town to southern Turkey for 4 days mini-vacation, but I also saw that as an opportunity to see if we can get along together 24/7 while traveling (the best way to get to know someone is to take a vacation together!) After two 12-hour bus rides and 4 days in constant companionship without so much as a tiny argument, I figured we're on the right track! We even missed our bus at a stop in the middle of nowhere, and he impressed the heck out of me by somehow making the bus stop on the highway about 20 miles down the road and wait for us to catch up in a mini-bus! My hero! LOL :-)

Have a great day everyone!
Rene
Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:22 am
WTF?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Leslie and everyone,
Thanks for clarifying a bit about Morocco. That's high on my list of countries to visit! I also find it all fascinating how different cultures tie in together around the world. :-)

Just also wanted to say I can relate to the not-sightseeing part of visiting your sweetheart's country. In February, I spent 3 weeks in Istanbul just to get to know Sadegh and his lifestyle better. We did go out of town to southern Turkey for 4 days mini-vacation, but I also saw that as an opportunity to see if we can get along together 24/7 while traveling (the best way to get to know someone is to take a vacation together!) After two 12-hour bus rides and 4 days in constant companionship without so much as a tiny argument, I figured we're on the right track! We even missed our bus at a stop in the middle of nowhere, and he impressed the heck out of me by somehow making the bus stop on the highway about 20 miles down the road and wait for us to catch up in a mini-bus! My hero! LOL :-)

Hi Rene,

I meant to tell you I really enjoyed your website.

I had the same experience with travelling all over Morocco w/ Khalid. We were already in love, but it was a true test of compatibility. We did not have even one tiny argument either. I think we both inderstood the importance of our higher purpose there, and bickering simply did not enter in to the equasion.

Anyway if you ever decide to visit Morocco, I highly recommend it by the way, let me know and I would love to share some of my thoughts.

Leslie
Old Aug 15th 2003, 6:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much Meauxna.......

I guess I can understand the point, but it's still not completely understandable why they don't look at the current income. Well, hopefully what I have will be sufficient.

Take care.

Smiles,
~k
Sorry I wasn't more clear. Your current income is very important, and must be +125% poverty level for your household.

The returns will be supporting the fact that you are able to continue to earn at that level.

Remember to breathe!
Old Aug 15th 2003, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not sightseeing

I, too, can related to not sightseeing. I've been to Egypt 5 times and each time I return everyone always asks, did you see the Pyramids, did you see the mummies, did you go to Luxor & Thebes. They are amazed when I tell them I've only seen the Pyramids once and the same for the Egyptian Museum. I'm there to see my husband and family first and foremost! That in itself is sightseeing when we go out to the village to visit his huge family or stay in Cairo and go out to the street to shop for dinner or a new outfit for one of his nephews. I get to see a slice of Egypt most tourists never have the opportunity to enjoy. Egypt is a hypnotic, languid country in one breath and chaotic and combustible the next. I truly love my second home and look forward to the day I have the luxury to spend more than two weeks at a time there with my husband!

Patty Khadijah
Old Aug 15th 2003, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by meauxna
Sorry I wasn't more clear. Your current income is very important, and must be +125% poverty level for your household.

The returns will be supporting the fact that you are able to continue to earn at that level.

Remember to breathe!
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by lfaridi

dang my question didnt get posted. well here it is again. if the consulate doesnt look at all the info we send and only look at the tax returns, why do we need to send everything like bank statements and employer letters? anyway i get SS for my children and got a letter from SS stating what i get a month and with my job i make well above the 125%. but i dont have to count it on my taxes as the 1099's have my kids SS# on it.
any input would be appreciated.
linda
Old Aug 15th 2003, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Linda,

I think we need to take a long shot and email the consulate with the hope of getting a straight answer.
I'm sure that we do need the 3 years of tax returns and as meauxna said, we need the other stuff to prove that we are making money and have the ability to continually do so.....
You need to ask them specifically about what they'd expect and accept with the Social Security income.

BUT, it'd be nice to get it straight from the consulate exactly what they need. I'd think that they would be more forthcoming with you since you actually have a case there. Maybe you could email them and see what type of answers you get with regard to what they require with the I-134.

Smiles,
~k
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Linda,

I think we need to take a long shot and email the consulate with the hope of getting a straight answer.
I'm sure that we do need the 3 years of tax returns and as meauxna said, we need the other stuff to prove that we are making money and have the ability to continually do so.....
You need to ask them specifically about what they'd expect and accept with the Social Security income.

BUT, it'd be nice to get it straight from the consulate exactly what they need. I'd think that they would be more forthcoming with you since you actually have a case there. Maybe you could email them and see what type of answers you get with regard to what they require with the I-134.

Smiles,
~k

hi kristine,
i did just that and i asked how fresh the affidavit needs to be. the last time i emailed the consulate asking if badr's interview date could be scheduled sooner, it took them almost 2 weeks to reply. but i also had to send it twice and the second time i used a suggestion patty khadija gave another poster about putting SECOND REQUEST in caps in the subject line. hey patty it worked. i might have to do the same thing with this email. oh well. no chance of getting an earlier date tho as they said their workload wont allow it. it has to be the lottery winners.
take care K,
linda
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: HA!

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Linda,
That's the same info my husband got re: the police certificate so I'm satisfied with that. My husband lives and works in Marakesh. I am going for the K3, and I'm doing the I-130 through the Texas Service Center. I was so discouraged when I saw the interview date on your timeline. Why so long? That's crazy. If mine goes the way yours did it will be next year before Khalid is here.

Thanks,
Leslie

I-129f - First noa 7/22/03
I-129f - 2nd noa ????

hi leslie,

i believe the lottery winners coming from morocco has the consulate backlogged. there is something 5,000 winners from morocco this year. too bad i didnt suggest to my husband to enter before we decided to marry. he might be here by now and we wouldnt have to deal so much with BCIS. i hope your hubby will be here before next year.
take care,
linda