Reload this Page >

Husband has interview in Morocco

Wikiposts

Husband has interview in Morocco

Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Candice, et al.....

Is the requirement different for those of us doing a K-1 Fiance Visa as compared to those of you doing a Spouse Visa??

In my papers to him, I included the I-134 Affadavit of Support, not the I-864 (I think thats the right number). And on the 134 it states that you do not have to give tax returns at all, only a letter from current employer and letter from the bank.

I suppose this is a question to try and milk the answer out of the consulate over there for.....but in the past, direct answers to specific questions are rather difficult to obtain from them.

Have a great day everyone...
Peace,
~kristine
Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:59 pm
Dreaming of the bay

tbiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Khadija
Long time no see, Candice! So glad to hear all is well with you!!

Sounds like you and your family are adjusting well. Email me offline and let's catch up on what's been happening.

FYI, check out tenni's K3 website. We're trying to get those who've "passed" to put their data in for comparison. It's at http://www.mediabrew.com/k3/list.php.

Glad you stopped by here for a visit.

Cheers,
Patty Khadijah
Patty - that link is broken. It will work if you drop the . at the very end:

http://www.mediabrew.com/k3/list.php
Old Aug 13th 2003, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

candiceezznagui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default saidsgirl

if you are going through MOROCCO, probally. I was told buy the consulate guy that they DO NOT look at any other source to verify your income EXCEPT those 3 years of tax returns.

yes you turned in the right number I-134, I talked with the man in charge directly after many many many tries and this is what he told me, though he was not very helpful in supplying answers.

Good luck, Morocco is gettting to be a HUGE headache.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by saidsgirl
Candice, et al.....

Is the requirement different for those of us doing a K-1 Fiance Visa as compared to those of you doing a Spouse Visa??

In my papers to him, I included the I-134 Affadavit of Support, not the I-864 (I think thats the right number).
Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about
Default tax returns

My husband came on a K-1 through a difficult embassy and he needed my 3 years of tax returns. I am guessing from all your posts that this a tough consulate, as was ours. My suggestion would be to gather up any and everything you ever heard about anyone ever needing for either a spousal or fiance visa, and make sure it is available for the interview. Keep it orgainzed so it looks like your husband/fiance is on top of his game. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Good luck to all.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tax returns

Originally posted by Pallyn
My husband came on a K-1 through a difficult embassy and he needed my 3 years of tax returns. I am guessing from all your posts that this a tough consulate, as was ours. My suggestion would be to gather up any and everything you ever heard about anyone ever needing for either a spousal or fiance visa, and make sure it is available for the interview. Keep it orgainzed so it looks like your husband/fiance is on top of his game. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Good luck to all.
Organization is a good point. I agree completely. Based on suggestions from this NG, I just sent off a 3-ring binder with everything he'll need and more (copies to send back with the Packet 3 and an extra set of copies and originals to take with him for his eventual interview). The more "on top of his game" your spouse can be - the better.

Patty Khadijah
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Default HA!

You're talking to the Queen of the Neurotics over here!!
He is so organized he'll walk in looking like a filing cabinet!! HA!!

But ok, I will make copies of the last 3 years tax returns and send them to him, JUST IN CASE. However, it is highly irritating that they go by income tax returns alone. That is not fair. Because this year I make enough money, my letter of employment states that, my bank letter states more than enough in deposits, yet thay are going to only look at PAST tax returns?! That is completely ridiculous. Since I moved to Floirda last year, I do not make enough last year to beat the 125%, but the year prior to that I was a stock trader and made WAAAAY more than enough.
I am slightly agitated right now....

Talk to you gals later...
Thanks gobs for the helpful info though. I truly appreciate it.

Smiles,
~kristine
Old Aug 14th 2003, 7:36 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HA!

To all of you,
I loved this thread so much, I finally joined Britishexpats. My husband is also in Morocco and we will go through the Casa Consulate. For those of you further along than me, I'm curious how long the Police Certificate took. I have been encouraging my husband to get some of these things done ahead of time, but he thinks they may expire and he'll have get them again. I'm mainly referring to the police paper and medical exam.

Thanks
Leslie
Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Leslie66
To all of you,
I loved this thread so much, I finally joined Britishexpats. My husband is also in Morocco and we will go through the Casa Consulate. For those of you further along than me, I'm curious how long the Police Certificate took. I have been encouraging my husband to get some of these things done ahead of time, but he thinks they may expire and he'll have get them again. I'm mainly referring to the police paper and medical exam.

Thanks
Leslie

hi leslie,
first of all welcome to this very informative NG.
my husband is in the province of fez and when he applied for his police certificate when we were gathering papers to get married, it only took 4 days to get the certificate. i dont know if it varies from province to province tho. r u going for the K-3 visa? what is your timeline? which service center r u dealing with. myself i am dealing with the dreaded nebraska center and our K-3 was approved by missouri may 12. see my timeline in my signature.

good luck in your process,
linda
Old Aug 14th 2003, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi Leslie...

It is a good thread, isn't it? It's the Specifically Morocco Thread, and that's GREAT!! We need more of those here

But truly, welcome. I hope we can all be helpful to each other. I am doing a K-1 Fiance Visa so I think I'm a little different than most of you. It would have been great to get married in Morocco, but time did not permit that.

Peace,
~kristine
Old Aug 14th 2003, 10:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by saidsgirl
Hi Leslie...

It is a good thread, isn't it? It's the Specifically Morocco Thread, and that's GREAT!! We need more of those here

But truly, welcome. I hope we can all be helpful to each other. I am doing a K-1 Fiance Visa so I think I'm a little different than most of you. It would have been great to get married in Morocco, but time did not permit that.

Peace,
~kristine
Hi Kristine
It's the Specifically Morocco Thread with some Egyptian and Iranian thrown in for good measure... LOL

Interesting to compare notes from all the Middle Eastern cultures :-) By the way, is Morocco considered the Middle East? Culturally perhaps, but not geographically....? Educate me! :-)

Rene
Old Aug 14th 2003, 10:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Kristine
It's the Specifically Morocco Thread with some Egyptian and Iranian thrown in for good measure... LOL

Interesting to compare notes from all the Middle Eastern cultures :-) By the way, is Morocco considered the Middle East? Culturally perhaps, but not geographically....? Educate me! :-)

Rene
Oh, and Welcome to Leslie...I meant to put that in the last post, sorry :-) And good luck to all participants!
Rene
Old Aug 14th 2003, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Default Oops....you're right!

You're right! There is a little Egyptian, Iranian and Turkey in here too....

You know, I'm not all that certain about Morocco being Middle East. I sort of think not. They are mostly mentioned in North Africa. Strange, but I'm not sure......

It reminds me of a conversation that Said and I had while in Morocco about the origins of the people in Morocco. Goes deeper than I care to start now....but, it was interesting and as I recall we never finished it.....hmmm........

Wink,
~k
Old Aug 14th 2003, 9:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by saidsgirl
You're talking to the Queen of the Neurotics over here!!
He is so organized he'll walk in looking like a filing cabinet!! HA!!

But ok, I will make copies of the last 3 years tax returns and send them to him, JUST IN CASE. However, it is highly irritating that they go by income tax returns alone. That is not fair. Because this year I make enough money, my letter of employment states that, my bank letter states more than enough in deposits, yet thay are going to only look at PAST tax returns?! That is completely ridiculous. Since I moved to Floirda last year, I do not make enough last year to beat the 125%, but the year prior to that I was a stock trader and made WAAAAY more than enough.
I am slightly agitated right now....

Talk to you gals later...
Thanks gobs for the helpful info though. I truly appreciate it.

Smiles,
~kristine
kristine, I'll just jump in quickly to reassure you about the 3 years tax returns. The returns help to show that you have a history of being able to earn enough (in your case). My situation was similar, where my income dropped dramatically after being a very high earner. This actually reassured the ConOff that I had the ability to return to a professional life after I was done goofing off
BTW, you can call the IRS and order transcripts of your returns (free) that make a nice tidy, official document to send with your fella.
best, meauxna
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much Meauxna.......

I guess I can understand the point, but it's still not completely understandable why they don't look at the current income. Well, hopefully what I have will be sufficient.

Take care.

Smiles,
~k
Old Aug 15th 2003, 1:49 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lfaridi
hi leslie,
first of all welcome to this very informative NG.
my husband is in the province of fez and when he applied for his police certificate when we were gathering papers to get married, it only took 4 days to get the certificate. i dont know if it varies from province to province tho. r u going for the K-3 visa? what is your timeline? which service center r u dealing with. myself i am dealing with the dreaded nebraska center and our K-3 was approved by missouri may 12. see my timeline in my signature.

good luck in your process,
linda
Hi Linda,
That's the same info my husband got re: the police certificate so I'm satisfied with that. My husband lives and works in Marakesh. I am going for the K3, and I'm doing the I-130 through the Texas Service Center. I was so discouraged when I saw the interview date on your timeline. Why so long? That's crazy. If mine goes the way yours did it will be next year before Khalid is here.

Thanks,
Leslie

I-129f - First noa 7/22/03
I-129f - 2nd noa ????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.