Debbie Jaanane

Default Husband has interview in Morocco

I was wondering if anyone knows what comes in packet 3.what papers
i'll have to send him.he has his interview in Morocco on October 23.i
want to make sure i get everything to him so he can come home.any help
would be great..thank you.

Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Husband has interview in Morocco

Originally posted by Debbie Jaanane

hi debbie,
my husband is also in morocco. he received his packet 3 in june and his interview isnt until nov 18. in the packet was a checklist of all the documents he needs to gather and a list of consulate approved doctors. ds 230 parts 1 and 2 ds156, ds 157 which are both the same (non immigrant visa apps) you will need to send your husband the I-134 affidavit of support, the last 3 years tax returns, most recent check stubs, a letter from your employer about your wages and if u have a permanent position or temporary. i also gave my husband 12 months of bank statements and added all deposits up to show i had sufficient income because my tax papers dont show the income of my children that i receive from social security.
can i ask when your petition was approved? is your hubby a K-3?
has he received the packet 3 yet?
hope this helps,
linda
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Debbie Jaanane
I would email the Consulate to absolutely sure or wait until your husband has the Packet 3 in hand and have him tell you (I had my husband have a mutual friend scan the checklist and email it to me).

That being said, another woman awhile back who was bringing her husband over from Morocco on a K3 visa had to submit 3 years of tax returns along with the I-134. There seems to be no standard interpretation by Consulates of when you must produce tax returns. Although the instructions for an I-134 (the form you use with the K3 visas to prove the ability to support) don't require tax returns (whereas the I-864 which one uses with the I-130 visa does require submission of tax returns) many Consulates ask for them anyway.

In addition, I just sent off to my husband for his K3 in Egypt, probably more than he'll need. I sent copies of our bank statements (we have a joint account), copies of my bi-weekly paystubs, a letter from my company (required per the I-134 instructions as is a letter from your bank) as well as my last 3 tax returns and, finally, a completed and notarized I-134.

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Linda...
Did the Casa consulate ask for 3 years of tax returns with the I-134? I only sent last years. And truthfully, in the I-134 instructions you do not acutally need to send them at all.

BUT, I know that consulates differ in what they want, so did Badr's packet say they wanted 3 years of tax returns? If so, I had better copy mine and send them off to Said.

Also, on another note, I sent the package with all the papers via Global Express Mail. It should have been there today, and it was not. Slightly frustrated about that, but hoping that it gets thre tomorrow.

Smiles,
~k
Old Aug 11th 2003, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by saidsgirl
Linda...
Did the Casa consulate ask for 3 years of tax returns with the I-134? I only sent last years. And truthfully, in the I-134 instructions you do not acutally need to send them at all.

BUT, I know that consulates differ in what they want, so did Badr's packet say they wanted 3 years of tax returns? If so, I had better copy mine and send them off to Said.

Also, on another note, I sent the package with all the papers via Global Express Mail. It should have been there today, and it was not. Slightly frustrated about that, but hoping that it gets thre tomorrow.

Smiles,
~k
The 3 year quote I have is from Candice E. who's husband made it over here in early June from Morocco. They told her to send 3 years of tax returns even though he was coming over on a K3.

In my case, with Cairo, they, too, suggested tax returns even though we're doing a K3 as well. I guess the Consulated don't differentiate between a K3 and an I-130.

Patty
Old Aug 11th 2003, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about

Linda...

Smiles,
~k

hi kristine,
i just did the 3 year tax returns just in case. i did it with my co sponsor too. i know on the instructions, it didnt list any tax returns and i dont really remember if the packet 3 included the
I-134. i just brought it with me on my visit in june. dont worry, your papers will get there. but i would definitely scan off the other tax returns and send them to Said.
btw, did u call NVC?
ttyl,
linda
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Yes Linda, I called NVC yesterday (Monday) and they still say they do not have the case. It's been 2 weeks now and Texas has not sent it there!!
I have heard from other people who were approved in Texas AFTER us that they have received their letter from NVC. Grrrrrr.......

Probably sometime this week it will be in their system. I hope......

Smiles,
~k
Old Aug 12th 2003, 5:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Linda, I called NVC yesterday (Monday) and they still say they do not have the case. It's been 2 weeks now and Texas has not sent it there!!
I have heard from other people who were approved in Texas AFTER us that they have received their letter from NVC. Grrrrrr.......

Probably sometime this week it will be in their system. I hope......

Smiles,
~k
Hi Kristine
Just wanted to say I love your picture! You guys make a very cute couple! :-)

By the way, I'm still waiting at NVC, day 26 today. I called last Friday and they said this case will take longer than the 'normal' 4 weeks. :-(

Hope yours gets in the works soon!!
Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 12th 2003, 6:42 am
Debbie Jaanane

lfaridi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by Debbie Jaanane
    >
    > > I was wondering if anyone knows what comes in packet 3.what papers
    >
    > > i'll have to send him.he has his interview in Morocco on October 23.i
    >
    > > want to make sure i get everything to him so he can come home.any help
    >
    > > would be great..thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hi debbie,
    >
    > my husband is also in morocco. he received his packet 3 in june and his
    > interview isnt until nov 18. in the packet was a checklist of all the
    > documents he needs to gather and a list of consulate approved doctors.
    > ds 230 parts 1 and 2 ds156, ds 157 which are both the same (non
    > immigrant visa apps) you will need to send your husband the I-134
    > affidavit of support, the last 3 years tax returns, most recent check
    > stubs, a letter from your employer about your wages and if u have a
    > permanent position or temporary. i also gave my husband 12 months of
    > bank statements and added all deposits up to show i had sufficient
    > income because my tax papers dont show the income of my children that i
    > receive from social security.
    >
    > can i ask when your petition was approved? is your hubby a K-3?
    >
    > has he received the packet 3 yet?
    >
    > hope this helps,
    >
    > linda

Linda thank you for your answers.my husbands I-129f petition was
approved on July 16.hope everything goes great for you and your
husband.

Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Rene...

Thank you so much for the sweet compliment. I think he's quite dashing myself

I'd at least like to know that our file ARRIVED at NVC!! Grrrrrrrr!

Take care,
~k
Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aren't we girls all so lucky to have such handsome Middle Eastern guys?!

Patty
Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Khadija

Patty
I definitely second that vote!! :-)
Rene
Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Khadija

Patty

i'll chime in and say we sure do!!!!

linda
Old Aug 12th 2003, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

candiceezznagui is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello I am Candice E

My husband did sucessfully arrive to america back in late June.

I talked to the consul personally A LOT and you HAVE to have 3 years taxes. AND YOU HAVE to show on the income taxes that you meet or exceed the poverty guidelines, if not you have to have a joint sponser.

He said that they DO NOT look at your income now they only look at the TAX forms. This made me have to have a joint sponser.

I wish you all the best of luck, if you need help you can email me privately, Morocco really SUCKS at the consul. WE had suck a hard time with them.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by candiceezznagui
Hello I am Candice E

My husband did sucessfully arrive to america back in late June.

I talked to the consul personally A LOT and you HAVE to have 3 years taxes. AND YOU HAVE to show on the income taxes that you meet or exceed the poverty guidelines, if not you have to have a joint sponser.

He said that they DO NOT look at your income now they only look at the TAX forms. This made me have to have a joint sponser.

I wish you all the best of luck, if you need help you can email me privately, Morocco really SUCKS at the consul. WE had suck a hard time with them.
Long time no see, Candice! So glad to hear all is well with you!!

Sounds like you and your family are adjusting well. Email me offline and let's catch up on what's been happening.

FYI, check out tenni's K3 website. We're trying to get those who've "passed" to put their data in for comparison. It's at http://www.mediabrew.com/k3/list.php.

Glad you stopped by here for a visit.

Cheers,
Patty Khadijah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.