Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hurray... Got H1B visa stamp after waiting for almost one year for adminstrative proc

Wikiposts

Hurray... Got H1B visa stamp after waiting for almost one year for adminstrative proc

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

AlexanderAshok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hurray... Got H1B visa stamp after waiting for almost one year for adminstrative proc

HI all,

Thank you very much for you support in answering my questions and special thanks to Ingo, you being very special in answering my queries... Thanks once again...

Yeah, Me and my wife both got the H1B and H4 Visa respectively on March 25, 2005 from the US Embassy, London.... We came to UK specially to give the finger scan after getting a letter from the US Embassy, London... AFter the finger scanning, two visa officer started asking me questions for about 45 mintues and later on told me to pay the visa fees.. We got the passport back after 3 working days with the visas securly stamped in the passports...

Now, I have a question,.....

My H1B visa stamp has validity from May 25, 2005 till Jan 6, 2007 its like 18 months.... The dates in the I-797 shows from April 2004 till Jan 6, 2007 its less than 3 years... So my three years for H1B period be over in Jan 2007 or will it be from the day I enter US.....?????

I am going to join my old company after one year of job offering... will there be any problems in entering US with the old papers...Its becuase I got the Visa every late...???

Please reply me back....

Regards-Alex Ashok
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:11 pm
Ingo Pakleppa

Default Re: Hurray... Got H1B visa stamp after waiting for almost one year

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

AlexanderAshok wrote:
    | My H1B visa stamp has validity from May 25, 2005 till Jan 6, 2007 its
    | like 18 months.... The dates in the I-797 shows from April 2004 till Jan
    | 6, 2007 its less than 3 years... So my three years for H1B period be
    | over in Jan 2007 or will it be from the day I enter US.....?????

What matters here is the date on the I-797 (the petition). Note that I'm
saying "date" rather than "time span". You would have to apply for an
extension before Jan 6, 2007.

| I am going to join my old company after one year of job offering... will
    | there be any problems in entering US with the old papers...Its becuase I
    | got the Visa every late...???

There should not be a problem. At the airport, you should receive an
I-94 stamped to expire on Jan 16, 2007 (ten days after the expiration of
the petition, so you can pack up and leave).

- --
Remember, I am strictly a layperson without any legal training. I
encourage everybody to seek competent legal counsel rather than
relying on usenet newsgroups.

Please visit my new FAQ at http://www.kkeane.com (always under
construction)

My email address in usenet posts is now invalid for Spam protection.
See my Web site for information on how to contact me.

Please feel free to enjoy some of my photographs at my Web site
http://www.ingopakleppa.com ! Comments are welcome.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFCoAKayUlVTFdHXskRAj+oAJ95u7yw7srsd3LATQS8mR G/92sYagCdGXfK
FiGYR7pFD2F/Uuzvcyh4KcU=
=JOoV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

venkatpokkunuri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hurray... Got H1B visa stamp after waiting for almost one year for adminstrative

Ashok

Congratulations for you and your wife for securing H-1 and H-4 visas after long waiting; It is not clear to me, whether, you got your visas stamped on 25th March or 25th May?

I am awaiting H-1 visa since 4th October2004 and hope to get it with in next three months. Could you please post the questions that you faced from the visa officer/s this time? This will give an idea about what kind of questions that i might have to face, if i have to appear personally again.

Thanking You
With best wishes

Venkat Pokkunuri
Old Jun 5th 2005, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

cookie_monster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hurray... Got H1B visa stamp after waiting for almost one year for adminstrative

This question is for both Mr. Ashok and Mr. Pokkunuri, why is it taking so long to get the H1 and H4 visa stamped in the passport?

I am in the process of getting the approval of my H1 from USCIS. if after getting the approval from USCIS, i take my passport to the American consulate for visa stamp, would it really take 1 year to get the visa stamp? I am currently on F1 and my visa is valid untill June next year.
Any inputs will be greatly appriciated.
Regards,

Originally Posted by venkatpokkunuri
Ashok

Congratulations for you and your wife for securing H-1 and H-4 visas after long waiting; It is not clear to me, whether, you got your visas stamped on 25th March or 25th May?

I am awaiting H-1 visa since 4th October2004 and hope to get it with in next three months. Could you please post the questions that you faced from the visa officer/s this time? This will give an idea about what kind of questions that i might have to face, if i have to appear personally again.

Thanking You
With best wishes

Venkat Pokkunuri
Old Jun 5th 2005, 4:06 pm
Ingo Pakleppa

Default Re: Hurray... Got H1B visa stamp after waiting for almost one year

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

cookie_monster wrote:

| This question is for both Mr. Ashok and Mr. Pokkunuri, why is it taking
    | so long to get the H1 and H4 visa stamped in the passport?
    |
    | I am in the process of getting the approval of my H1 from USCIS. if
    | after getting the approval from USCIS, i take my passport to the
    | American consulate for visa stamp, would it really take 1 year to get
    | the visa stamp?

These are exceptional cases. Most visas are approved within a few days
or weeks (varies from one consulate to the next). Certain types of
cases, in particular of younger males from Muslim countries, but it can
also hit others, are submitted to the FBI and CIA for a anti-terrorism
security background check (also called "Administrative Processing"). Of
those, more than 90% are returned within a few months (I believe a while
ago the FBI said that they completed 97% within four months), but I have
heard of a number of extreme cases that take up to 18 months.

By the way, there is another type of check that can have a similar
effect: fraud investigations if the consular officer suspects that there
is something wrong with the credentials or some other documents that you
submitted.

- --
Remember, I am strictly a layperson without any legal training. I
encourage everybody to seek competent legal counsel rather than
relying on usenet newsgroups.

Please visit my new FAQ at http://www.kkeane.com (always under
construction)

My email address in usenet posts is now invalid for Spam protection.
See my Web site for information on how to contact me.

Please feel free to enjoy some of my photographs at my Web site
http://www.ingopakleppa.com ! Comments are welcome.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFCo8vhyUlVTFdHXskRArTfAJ9gnMy4UeQe4NBHZoW3Z0 3BzhvV+wCfV9Ea
Oq5VZlQ9P0pZDo3j71LZELk=
=klsX
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hurray... Got H1B visa stamp after waiting for almost one year for adminstrative proc

Originally Posted by AlexanderAshok
Yeah, Me and my wife both got the H1B and H4 Visa respectively on March 25, 2005 from the US Embassy, London....
Wow! Congratulations I'm glad to read that everything *finally* worked out for you.. you had a long, stressful wait!
Happy travels!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi Venkat,

I am sorry, I got the Visa on May 25, 2005 after a wait for almost 51 weeks which is nearly one year....

After taking our finger scans, two visa officer came and started asking me questions about my present status with all the proofs to whatever I speak... They also asked questions on how I am support my family here in UK, questions on bank balance, technical questions, questions on my ERP knowledge and they use to verify my answer with a online computer....

They asked about 45 minutes and finally they said that I am technically qualified to perfom the job and gave the visa issuance form to pay the visa fees...

You dont need to prepare anything for the interview, just be frank and be professional.... They will ask all technical questions right from basics to some complex questions like " CAN YOU TELL ME THE ARCHITECTURE OF SAP SOFTWARE" AND "CAN YOU TELL ME THE DIFERENT MODULES OF SAP ERP SOFTWARE"....

If you want more information then you can call on me on +91 98422 10014...

But I am sure it will take sometime, nearly one year.... I know some of the guys, they are waiting for more than 15 months and yet there is no information on the visa.. some of them have withdrawn the H1B visa case...

So just wait and concentrate on your persent job and everything will be fine..

Regards-Alex
Ashok

Thanking You
With best wishes

Venkat Pokkunuri
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Hurray... Got H1B visa stamp after waiting for almost one year for adminstrative proc

HI Meauxna,

Thanks for your support and best of luck for your life..

Regards-Alex
Originally Posted by meauxna
Wow! Congratulations I'm glad to read that everything *finally* worked out for you.. you had a long, stressful wait!
Happy travels!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 9:16 am
Just Joined

nortam1 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI all,

Thank you very much for you support in answering my questions and special thanks to Ingo, you being very special in answering my queries... Thanks once again...

Yeah, Me and my wife both got the H1B and H4 Visa respectively on March 25, 2005 from the US Embassy, London.... We came to UK specially to give the finger scan after getting a letter from the US Embassy, London... AFter the finger scanning, two visa officer started asking me questions for about 45 mintues and later on told me to pay the visa fees.. We got the passport back after 3 working days with the visas securly stamped in the passports...

My H1B visa stamp has validity from May 25, 2005 till Jan 6, 2007 its like 18 months.... The dates in the I-797 shows from April 2004 till Jan 6, 2007 its less than 3 years... So my three years for H1B period be over in Jan 2007 or will it be from the day I enter US.....?????

I am going to join my old company after one year of job offering... will there be any problems in entering US with the old papers...Its becuase I got the Visa every late...???

Please reply me back....

Regards-Alex Ashok
Can you give me some insight on your case please:

1) Are you a UK national or are you a national of a different country?
2) Where you in the US and travelled to London just to get your Stamp?
3) Why did it take so long to get the stamp?

Rgds

nortam
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:45 am
Just Joined

H!! Ashok

Please could you post the phone number of the state department and the name of the person whom i have to contact fora possible status check? Do you think, whether contacting the state department for a status check would slowdown the process?

Let me know your opinion, based on your experienece.

I assume that, you are in USA now.

With best wishes

Venkat Pokkunuri
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Venkat,

Can you please Email me at [email protected]...

Thanks....
H!! Ashok

Please could you post the phone number of the state department and the name of the person whom i have to contact fora possible status check? Do you think, whether contacting the state department for a status check would slowdown the process?

Let me know your opinion, based on your experienece.

I assume that, you are in USA now.

With best wishes

Venkat Pokkunuri
Old Jun 26th 2005, 11:50 am
Immigration Consultant

Bhagwan Ahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

HI all,

Please reply me back....

Regards-Alex Ashok
Immigration officer is the competent and prudent officer at the port of entry to admit or deny your admission to the United States and if admits, issues a valid I-94 with an expiration date exactly as per your petition I-797 and don't disappoint that you will be denied. You will get your entry admission to the united States but in certain cases where the Immigration officer suspects can deny. Normally they don't. Best of luck to the country of opportunities.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:35 am
Just Joined

H!! Ashok

I have replied you about, 10 days ago; i assume you must be very busy with your travel plans/travel. i am not sure whether you got my reply or not

I shall be very grateful to you, if you could reply me at your conveneince.

Awaiting your reply.

With best wishes

Venkat