Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How would Seperation be judged by INS?

Wikiposts

How would Seperation be judged by INS?

Old Jun 2nd 2002, 11:20 am
True Guy

Default How would Seperation be judged by INS?

Hi,

I am a foreign person and I married a US Citizen over 1 year ago. My final interview
is next year. My wife and I are currently seperated for about 3 weeks. She did not
get a legal seperation but she wants to get her own house on her own name until she
is ready to come back home (So she says). How would this affect my final interview
next year? Note that she intends to get a lease with her OWN name only and I heard
this is bad for INS. My residence was marriage based. I heard that if I can prove she
was affecting me mentally I can still live here because I am seeing a doctor for
depression.

Please help me somebody. Its not easy when you finally start a new life with someone
you Love and that person can turn your life around when they feel like.

Please help.

Thank You

A Very True Guy [email protected]

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Jun 3rd 2002, 6:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How would Seperation be judged by INS?

Seeing a doctor for depression is not going to do it. It seems like every Joe and Jane Doe in the US is depressed and popping anti-depressants today. The new candy market of the US.

As for your status, you are not having your FINAL AOS interview next year. You will be having your first. If you were still happily married and your marriage was less than 2 years old you might have had a final interview two years after the first one.

There is very little that you can do in your situation. Your adjustment is based on marriage and your wife seems to want out of the marriage and will probably divorce before your interview. It doesn't seem as if she is willing to act the part on your behalf for the INS.

The only grounds you might have to adjusting is if you can prove abuse. As I said previously being depressed because your marriage is over is not mental abuse.

R
Old Jun 3rd 2002, 12:20 pm
Aftonokla

Default Re: How would Seperation be judged by INS?

You could kill her too. Then you would not be deported for at least 30 years.