Wikiposts

How will I know?

Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How will I know?

Hey guys,
How will I know when the NVC receives our file? Is there a website or do I have to wait for a written letter to come by post?
Also, the same question for knowing when NVC has sent it to consulate..
Thanks,
Ruthann
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How will I know?

Originally posted by ruthann1212
Hey guys,
How will I know when the NVC receives our file? Is there a website or do I have to wait for a written letter to come by post?
Thanks,
Ruthann
Hi Ruthann,

Call NVC at 603-334-0700 Mon - Fri between 8:00 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. Eastern time. Press 1, then 2, to get to a live operator (for K visas). Be prepared to give them your service center case number, your name, the beneificiary's name and birthdate. If you get a recording that says "try using our automated menu", just hang up as you'll be on hold forever. If you hear "you may have to wait X number of minutes to speak to an operator", stay on hold and someone will be with you shortly.

Supposedly NVC issues a letter once it's gone to the consulate overseas, but I never received one.

Good luck and Best Wishes! :-)

Rene
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ruthann,

You can call NVC to find out if they have your case yet. The number to the NVC should come on the NOA2 you get in the mail. If not, just to a quick search of this forum for NVC phone number, and you can call them anyways, they will ask you for your case number. NVC will also send you a letter in the mail stating that they have received your case and that they will forward it to the appropriate consulate.

Just a pointer, when you call NVC if the operator says something like "your estimated time will be (blank) minutes" stay on the line, someone will answer..but if they don't give you an estimated minutes, hang up and try again. Someone posted that on here before, I can't remember who it was, but it's true, it works. That way you don't have to be on hold forever
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Ruthann,

Call NVC at 603-334-0700 Mon - Fri between 8:00 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. Eastern time. Press 1, then 2, to get to a live operator (for K visas). Be prepared to give them your service center case number, your name, the beneificiary's name and birthdate. If you get a recording that says "try using our automated menu", just hang up as you'll be on hold forever. If you hear "you may have to wait X number of minutes to speak to an operator", stay on hold and someone will be with you shortly.

Supposedly NVC issues a letter once it's gone to the consulate overseas, but I never received one.

Good luck and Best Wishes! :-)

Rene
thank you thank you thank you...
I can't believe I'm going to ask this.. I feel like every thing I've learned in the past6 months has vanished out of my head since receiving our approval!
What happens at the NVC? Do I need to worry about them causing any trouble? Or is the next big hurdle the consulate?
Thanks for putting up with me..
Ruthann
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Michi

Just a pointer, when you call NVC if the operator says something like "your estimated time will be (blank) minutes" stay on the line, someone will answer..but if they don't give you an estimated minutes, hang up and try again. Someone posted that on here before, I can't remember who it was, but it's true, it works. That way you don't have to be on hold forever
Hi Michi....hehehe....that was me
Rene
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:33 am

thank you thank you thank you...
I can't believe I'm going to ask this.. I feel like every thing I've learned in the past6 months has vanished out of my head since receiving our approval!
What happens at the NVC? Do I need to worry about them causing any trouble? Or is the next big hurdle the consulate?
Thanks for putting up with me..
Ruthann
NVC is sort of a "holding tank" for the petitions that are going through security checks. It depends which country the beneficiary is from, how long it stays at NVC. I would say normally files only stay at NVC between a few days to a few weeks. Only in cases where the beneficiary is from a "troublesome" country (like Iran in my case!) that it gets hung up at NVC for months going through extensive security checks. I think the next big hurdle is the interview. Going through NVC is something you can track, but not control.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:37 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,
Thanks,
Ruthann
Don't bother calling now - the system is down. It's been down all morning.