Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How Soon to Renew an EAD?

Wikiposts

How Soon to Renew an EAD?

Old Aug 28th 2006, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all
Default How Soon to Renew an EAD?

Hello Everybody,

My husband had his AOS interview in March 2006 and since then we have been waiting for his Green Card. He current EAD and Advance Parole is about to expire in Feb2007. My question is how soon should we apply for renewal of EAD and Advance Parole? USCIS site says atleast 100 days before the expiration of current EAD but I have heard from some one that we should be applying atleast five months ahead...?
Also if we apply for advance parole at the same time as EAD, does that mean he would be getting an advance parole from Feb2007 to Feb2008 or the date we apply and then a year ahead from that? I am confused about this....
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Sana
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Soon to Renew an EAD?

Originally Posted by carpdiem
Hello Everybody,

My husband had his AOS interview in March 2006 and since then we have been waiting for his Green Card. He current EAD and Advance Parole is about to expire in Feb2007. My question is how soon should we apply for renewal of EAD and Advance Parole? USCIS site says atleast 100 days before the expiration of current EAD but I have heard from some one that we should be applying atleast five months ahead...?
Also if we apply for advance parole at the same time as EAD, does that mean he would be getting an advance parole from Feb2007 to Feb2008 or the date we apply and then a year ahead from that? I am confused about this....
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Sana
Hi Sana,

He's still waiting for security checks? Sorry to hear that. You should apply for EAD and AP *at least* 90 days ahead of the expiration date. For the EAD, my experience is that dated it from the time the first EAD expires, good for one more year. We didn't renew the AP, so I'm not sure about that one.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:16 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carpdiem
My husband had his AOS interview in March 2006 and since then we have been waiting for his Green Card.
Was he approved, or are they waiting for completion of background checks?

My question is how soon should we apply for renewal of EAD and Advance Parole?
Since EADs seem to be taking a full 90 days, I'd apply at least that early, and probably closer to the 100 days. You can apply even sooner if you want.

Also if we apply for advance parole at the same time as EAD, does that mean he would be getting an advance parole from Feb2007 to Feb2008 or the date we apply and then a year ahead from that?
The AP will be valid for a year after it's approved... regardless of when any current AP expires. There may be overlap or not depending on when you submit the application.

Ian
Old Aug 28th 2006, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

[QUOTE=ian-mstm]Was he approved, or are they waiting for completion of background checks?

Thanks Noorah and Ian for quick reply!!!
He was approved pending background checks... and the interviewer said that we should come to USCIS office every two months to check the status...
last month when my husband went to ask if there was any progress after 4 months, the lady there was quite annoyed and told him not to come back again, as he will receive the green card in mail whenever the background checks are complete and he does not need to come in the office ....

-Sana